Chapter 8

Third Person Pov

-Senior Years-
"The Kiss"

Months had passed

"Jennie's doing a phenomenal job as the president, our votes were not wasted." Jisoo is occupied checking crochet products, commented.

University week, is festive, embellished with luminous shades and hues, an ardent crowd, a sea of tents, and activities. Most students, from different colleges set up their stores, wherein they could sell what they want. As long as it obliges with the protocols.

"This could be the best celebration yet, sounds subjective, but I'm being honest." on the other hand, Seulgi supported, eyeing the soft and adorable designs by the education majors.

Lisa heard all of their praises, and couldn't help but agree. However, there's this swirling, uncomfortable feeling, settling in her stomach. And no, it is not her starving, it is her worries. Anxiousness for her best friend.

The Thai hadn't seen Jennie for quite some time, the woman was extremely indulged in the planning and preparation. Lisa saw her once, nearly falling asleep, on a chair that wasn't even cleaned. She thought it must be Jennie's carelessness, or her I don't give a shit if it's dirty or not, I need to sleep moment.

She did approach her when Lisa realized she had fallen into slumber. She carried the woman and brought her to the office, the other members left gawking. "Please let her rest, even for half an hour." were the words escaped from her.

Jennie and she haven't had the chance to talk about it, and Lisa's okay with it. She needs to allow Jennie to accomplish her tasks first. Their time can wait.

"Do you know where I can find her?" she mindlessly uttered, meddling between the two. Jisoo's brow twisted in a baffled stretch.

"Among us, you should be the one who knows that." Point taken, Lisa does know, but she was unsure if Jennie would be there. She's possibly roaming around to double-check everything.

"I'm thinking if she had her rest already..." Lisa mumbled, walking first, hoping to have a glance at the brunette. It was as broad as daylight how vivacious the students were. Engulfed in trying new foods, meeting new people, and playing games that can blow their allowances.

"I doubt, the local band they invited will perform tonight. Jennie will ensure it will be perfect." Jisoo was stopped.

"You know what's perfect? To kiss someone while listening to the band and watching the fireworks!" Seulgi interrupted, placing her hands on the sky, and acted as if there were indeed fireworks. The two stared at her, cringing.

"Lame, that happens to most. Or should I say, people tend to do that, it loses its uniqueness. Common." Jisoo bantered, erasing her friend's romantic and vivid imagination.

"Lisa will agree with me! Right, Lis? She's probably thinking about doing it now." Seulgi nudged the Thai with her elbow, seeking backup.

It sounded sweet yes, and worth remembering. Only if, it would turn out perfect. What if you're ready for a kiss, and direct it to someone then get deflected? That would hurt, and be embarrassing. In front of a known band? Hundreds of singing fans, and thunderous fireworks?  Seems magical, but scary as well.

"I'll catch up with you guys later, I'll look for Jennie."

Seulgi felt betrayed, but not in a serious way. She sulked and teased the woman by rolling her eyes.
"I think that's the best decision, Lis." Jisoo chuckled, tapping Seulgi's shoulder. Lisa could only shake her head and smile.