'This is Ahsoka Tano. I am looking for the exhaust port, and I need those shields down. Does anyone copy?' Ahsoka said to the controls, which she hoped had been connected the rebel ships she could see out her windscreen.

'We're working on it, Miss Tano! But more ships have just left the destroyer's hanger! We're overrun!' a female's voice came through the fighter's speakers. At the end of the connection, Ahsoka saw the TIE fighters that poured out from the below the destroyer. Her stomach plummeted at seeing the continuous line of starships, and she felt even more helpless when they began blasting at her entourage.

'There's too many of them! Ahh!-

Ahsoka looked to the right and saw a rebel ship burst into flames. The TIE fighter that was responsible for the explosion went on to follow another rebel ship, leaving the starfighter to spiral below. Ahsoka watched in horror as the ship disappeared into the abyss of space, and more began to fall across her windshield.

But there it was; the exhaust port. Below the control room, where she knew Grand Moff Tarkin stood with his hands behind his back, was the ten metre-wide space. It was so small, that if Ahsoka hadn't been looking for it, and if her Jedi senses hadn't piqued, the Togruta would have missed the rectangular gap in the destroyer's build.

'I found it! I repeat, I see the exhaust port!' Ahsoka called out, her excitement getting the better of her. But when she received no reply, Ahsoka's attention was brought back to the tragedies around her. 

Rebel ships fell, and the cry of TIE fighters dominated the battlefield. The star destroyer was even blasting ships from its belly's blaster, and the cries of pilots sounded through Ahsoka's speakers.

'I'm going down! Help me-'

'It's no use! We're done for!'

'For the Resistance! Down with the Empire-

'Where's the Jedi?! Where's the Chosen One?!

Ahsoka couldn't help but feel hurt at the calls for the supposed Chosen One. Sol was nowhere to be found, and Ahsoka was just as capable as the woman that was off on her own mission. Ahsoka was never the one to destroy the Sith, but that didn't mean that she couldn't bring down Grand Moff Tarkin. 

But Ahsoka could do nothing against the Imperial ships without blowing her cover. She had to watch her fellow rebels fall to their deaths, and had to listen to their calls for help. The shields were still solid around the destroyer, and Ahsoka felt the light in the Force fade by the second.

The Resistance was dying and Ahsoka had failed Padme with her foolish drive for an impossible chance.

'Ahsoka Tano? Ahsoka, do you copy?' a voice suddenly transmitted into the cockpit. The Jedi ripped her eyes away from the death and destruction and looked to her control panel in confusion.

'Yes... yes, I copy?'

'We're under the orders of Mon Mothma to bring down this destroyer,' the voice said again, and Ahsoka's chest filled with relief. 'We're at your service.' 

As if sent by the Maker himself, an army of x-wings and starfighters appeared from behind Ahsoka's ship. The TIE fighter shook as they soared past her and curved in formation around the destroyer. 

Joining their fellow rebels, the reinforcements attacked the Imperials that had nearly wiped out the Resistance left on Yavin 4. The rebels that were left cheered and hooted at the appearance of reinforcements, and their voices came through Ahsoka's controls in a collective applause.

'Bless that woman!'

'We're saved!'

'Mothma, you Maker send!