Karwa Chauth Best Attires: A Celebration of Love and Tradition

At Shristyles, we recognize that Karwa Chauth is not just a festival; it's a heartfelt celebration of love and tradition. On this day, married women observe a day-long fast for the well-being and longevity of their husbands. It's also an occasion to showcase the finest attires. Women adorn themselves in exquisite traditional Suits, Ethnic Dresses, Lehangas, Sarees and jewelry, symbolizing their dedication and commitment. The festival beautifully merges age-old customs with modern fashion, making it a delightful blend of culture and style. This fusion of love and tradition is truly a sight to behold.

Karwa Chauth: A Sacred Tradition of Love and Devotion

Karwa Chauth is a Hindu festival observed by married women, primarily in Northern India, to pray for the long life and well-being of their husbands. The tradition typically involves the following rituals:

Fasting: Married women fast from sunrise to moonrise on Karwa Chauth day, which means abstaining from food and water during this period. Some women may consume a single meal or drink water during the day, while others observe a strict fast without any sustenance.

Sargi: Before sunrise, the mother-in-law typically prepares a pre-dawn meal known as "sargi" for her daughter-in-law. This meal includes various foods and sweets to provide energy for the day's fasting.

Dressing Up: Women dress in beautiful and elaborate traditional attire, often wearing bridal clothing or their finest outfits. They adorn themselves with jewellery and henna designs.

Pooja (Worship): In the evening, women gather with other married women in the neighborhood or at a common place for the Karwa Chauth puja (prayer ceremony). They bring their Karwa Chauth thali (a plate with various items for the puja), including a clay pot (Karwa), a small lamp, water, flowers, sweets, and fruits. The puja is typically led by an elder or a priest, and it involves singing traditional songs and prayers.

Karwa Chauth Katha: During the puja, a popular story or legend related to Karwa Chauth is narrated, emphasizing the significance of the fast.

Moon Sighting: After the puja, women anxiously await the moon's appearance in the evening sky. When the moon is sighted, they break their fast by looking at the moon through a sieve or the reflection in a vessel of water. This moment is often shared with their husbands.

Husband's Involvement: Husbands may also participate in the rituals by giving their wives water and the first morsel of food to break the fast.

Why Women Celebrate Karwa Chauth in India?Some of the popular Karwa Chauth stories which show the reason behind this celebration

Karwa Chauth Story of Queen Veervati: Once upon a time there was a beautiful queen named Veervati who was the only sister among seven loving and caring brothers. On her first Karwa Chauth, she was at her parent's place and began a strict fast after sunrise. In the evening, she was waiting eagerly for the moonrise as she was suffering from hunger and thirst. Seeing her suffering like this, pained her brothers. So, they installed a mirror in a Peepal tree that made it look as if the Moon is up in the sky. Now, the moment Veervati broke her fast, the news that her husband was dead arrived. She kept on weeping and was inconsolable. She instantly started home and met Goddess Parvati on her way. Maa Parvati revealed that she was tricked by her brothers. Then, she kept Karwa Chauth fast with full devotion and seeing her dedication, Yama, the lord of death restored life to her husband. This Karwa Chauth Katha of Queen Veervati is quite popular and usually heard by women observing the fast.