Chapter 5

Mishka was back working at the Grill the next night. She had been there for only two hours and she was already exhausted. The young woman was cleaning the counter, when she looked up to see Klaus and Kol walking inside and when they saw her, they instantly made their way towards her.

"What are you doing here, darling? You shouldn't be working in your condition" Kol stated, expressing his concern which the Lecter girl found sweet.

"I'm pregnant, Kol. Not disabled. Plus, I've only got another few weeks of work left before i go on maternity leave" Mishka explained, giving the man a smile.

"Give up, brother. You'll never win this fight, trust I would know" Klaus smirked, earning a hand towel to the face.

"Shut up, you mongrel. Now, what can I get you both?" She asked with a chuckle, totally ignoring the utterly offended look Klaus was sending her way.

"Two bourbons please, darling" Kol smiled sweetly, making her blush slightly before moving to grab their orders.

Once they had their drinks Mishka continued on with her work while the originals spoke amongst each other, the two occasionally keeping a watchful look on the Lecter girl.

"I remember her from last night. Didn't she reject for the umpteenth time?" Kol absentmindedly, only glancing at the blonde Forbes who had just walked in before looking back at Mishka. A smile appeared on his face when he saw her munching on a pickle, while she cleaned a few glasses.

"Say another word and I'll tear out your liver" Klaus warned his brother, just as Caroline was about to walk past them.

"Caroline" The hybrid chirped.

"Oh, it's you" She said in disgust. Mishka stopped mid-chew, her hazel-green eyes now focused on Caroline who was way too dressed up. She frowned, worried as to what the girl could be up to.

"Join us for a drink?" Klaus asked casually, but there was a hint of hope in his voice.

"Hmm, I'd rather die of thirst. But thanks" Caroline snapped, then walked off without another word.

"Isn't she stunning?" Klaus asked.

"She certainly looks good walking away from you" Mishka drawled, before finishing off the rest of the pickle. Kol let out an amused laugh, while Klaus playfully glared at the Lecter girl.

"I'll take that as a challenge" He said, then went in the direction Caroline left in. Kol finished his drink, and turned back to his mate.

"Why don't you finish up, and the two of us can go play some pool" He suggested.

"Kol, I have another hour left of work" Mishka said, although she definitely liked the idea of leaving work early.

"Please, darling" Kol pleaded, looking at the girl with a pout and big brown eyes. The Lecter girl felt her heart melt at the sight, and she was mentally cursing the original in her head for giving her the puppy eyes.

"Fine, you big baby" She sighed, but there was an obvious smile on her face.

Kol's face beamed with excitement, as he waited for the girl to clean up. When she walked to the front of the bar, the original vampire held out his hand and she took it with a smile as they walked over to the pool table.

"Now, I will warn you I'm terrible at pool" Mishka warned, grabbing a pool stick with Kol doing the same.

"I've been in a box for a hundred years, I can assure you I'll be just as bad" Kol laughed.

Turns out Kol was actually quite good, and because of that he made sure to rub it in the pregnant girls face. There were many times when Mishka wanted to whack him with her pool stick, but refrained from becoming violent in public.