Chapter 3

Wilma's POV

Wilma's POV

We walk into the Johnson household, the familiar off white interior, bringing back so many memories I didn't want to remember

We walk into the Johnson household, the familiar off white interior, bringing back so many memories I didn't want to remember. The trauma of this house, felt almost as if someone was choking me.

"Hey." He stops walking, looking down at me.
"It'll be okay." He reassured me. I nod, giving him a small smile.

Continuing to walk forward, we could hear soft sound of voices coming from the living room,but it all comes to a standstill when we enter.

"Good evening everyone." I greet with a smile, John however simply nods.

"You look beautiful Wilma dear." John's mother compliments me, coming over to greet us.

"It's expected of her." His grandmother mutters under her breath, but I don't give her the advantage.

"Hi John." She smiles at him, gently touching his arm.

"It's good to see you mom." He leans down kissing her cheek.
"Have you been taking care-"

"Oh shush shush. I've been doing really well." He chuckles lightly.

"Just making sure mom. You're not leaving us soon." She softly smiles.

"Why don't you both come sit, we have been waiting on you." Nodding we walk on into the room. My father doesn't even acknowledge me, expected seeing as we haven't spoken in months. My mom, brother and his family however gave me small smiles, to which I return.

The Johnson family consisted only now of John's grandparents, his mother, and himself. His uncle left Jashville many years ago, without any notice, and haven't been heard from since. John has been trying to find him for the past seven years, to which his grandparents are unaware of. To my knowledge he still hasn't gotten anywhere yet.

The Cane family consisted of my parents, my brother and his wife Gail and their seventeen year old daughter Maya Cane. After the last confrontation between my dad and I a while back, none of us have been allowed to speak to each other, curtesy his commands.