Man of My Life

Authors Notes: 

So two in one weekend, that's some shit. I've been really into writing lately! 

I just found a prompt generator and I wanted to try my hand at it. The Halloween fic was just something I thought up on the fly and might have been a little unstructured, but I seem to do a little better with something to follow.

Don't be afraid to send me something that you want to see!

Prompt: Sam and Colby meet (Officially) at a wedding. Bit of an AU.

                                                                   *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Colby tugged at his tie, cursing Jake in his head for making him wear a suit. However, being his best man, he was sort of required to dress up in some way.

He was just happy that he wasn't wearing a tuxedo like Jake had initially wanted to do. Luckily, Tara talked him out of it, saying that it seemed a little stuffy and it didn't match their vibe for the wedding. 

The vibe was mostly black, white, red, and gothic shit which he found pretty fucking cool. He was hoping someday his wedding would be as amazing as they'd made theirs. 

Jake and Tara had been together for years and Colby had always wondered if they were going to take the plunge to get married at some point. They had a few bumps in the road, even a small break up, but none of it ever lasted. 

He'd known Jake since high school back in Kansas where they were from and when he'd told him that he was thinking of proposing, the first sentence out of his mouth was "I better be best man!" 

However, Colby didn't actually expect for the honor to be bestowed upon him. Jake had a lot of friends that he'd made while living in Los Angeles that he could have given the opportunity to, but when he'd asked, he'd teared up a little and agreed right away.

He felt really lucky to be involved in such a huge day for his best friend seeing as how Jake had seen him through a lot of hard times of his own. 

Jake had been there when he was struggling with his depression, doing everything he could to try to cheer him up and keep him safe. Also, he was there when Colby had come out to his family as pansexual and his family didn't exactly understand right away.

It was a time where those issues walked hand in hand. His father was a little distant and his mother didn't really know what to say and it killed Colby every single day to be around them with such intense silence. They were never homophobic, just separated, and Jake was there for them until they came around.

That was something that he would never, ever be able to make it up to his friend for. He supposed this was a good start.

As he sat at the table, Jake strode up to him, a wide smile on his face.