Thy Collar Around

Start from the beginning

Stiles perked up. "The alpha?"

Derek sighed and slumped back. "Yeah. And then the freaking cops showed up."

Stiles frowned. "At least dad warned us. Wonder who called in and gave away your location?"

Derek glared and Stiles shrunk in on himself.

"Look. I get that Noah is just doing his job and I thank him for the warning, but if it wasn't for those three kids at your school, I wouldn't be the most wanted fugitive in the entire state!" Derek's glare made Scott shrink into his seat.

"Can we please just forget about them already? There was nothing Stiles or I could do about that!" Scott kept his eyes forward, but Ellie saw how tight he was holding onto the wheel.

"Scott. He's not blaming you. He's just angry. We all are." Ellie tried her best to diffuse the anger filling the car.

Ellie pressed a kiss to the underside of Derek's jaw, and he sagged against her touch, leaning into it.

"How did you find him, anyways?" Scott asked, trying to change the subject.

Derek's face smoothed out and he hesitated.

"Look, you can trust us, Derek. All of us. Pack sticks together. That's what Peter has been trying to convey to us all." Stiles tried to get his point across by locking eyes.

Derek looked between the two in the front before locking eyes with Ellie, who gave him a small nod.

"Alright, look. The last time I talked to my sister, she was close to finding something out. Peter and I did some digging and we saw that she found two things. First was a guy named Harris."

Stiles spun around; eyes wide. "Our chemistry teacher?" He asked dubiously.

Scott's eyes looked into the rear-view mirror to gape at Derek. "Why him?"

Derek shook his head. "We don't know yet."

Ellie bit her lip. "Peter doesn't know you went to interrogate Harris, does he?" She asked softly.

Derek shook his head. "No."

"What if the alpha did this on purpose? He knew you would go to Harris and let the cops know." Stiles said and Derek frowned. It was possible.

Scott gave a short nod. "It's possible." He paused before continuing. "What was the second?"

Derek heaved a sigh and reached into his jacket pocket. He unfolded a piece of paper and passed it up between the two seats. "This symbol."

"Oh, crap." "Oh, no." Stiles and Scott groaned out at the same time.

Derek frowned. "What? You guys know what this is?"

"We've seen it on a necklace." Scott bit out, brows furrowed in annoyance. "Allison's necklace."

"She's one of the ones who made me a fugitive?" Derek clenched his jaw shut. "Allison Argent."

Ellie glared at the seat in front of her and curled further into Derek's side. She ran her fingers lightly up his thigh, trying her best to soothe him.

~~~~~~

Ellie shook her head and giggled fondly down at the newest text on her phone.

She sat back further into her bed, sinking against the warm body pressed behind her.

Derek gave a low hum in his sleep, arm curling around her waist as he buried his face into the side of her stomach.

She smiled down at him and reached out to gently comb her fingers through his short strands.