AUTISM INFORMATION

I need a cover so if any of the main bitches wanna make one, just text me. 😁

HELPFUL INFORMATION:

AAC:
Augmented Alternative Communication device. The typical AAC is an app on ios called touchchat. It's like £246 it's so expensive, and for what?! Basic communication?!

 It's like £246 it's so expensive, and for what?! Basic communication?!

AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER:

Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a developmental disability caused by differences in the brain. People with ASD often have problems with social communication and interaction and restricted or repetitive behaviors or interests. People with ASD may also have different ways of learning, moving, or paying attention.

NONVERBAL AUTISM:
Nonverbal autism is a form of autism that is characterized by a lack of or limited use of verbal communication. This can include difficulty using words to express needs or desires, speaking in single words or short phrases, and difficulty understanding language.

SENSORY PROCESSING DISORDER:
Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) is a condition that affects how your brain processes sensory information (stimuli). Sensory information includes things you see, hear, smell, taste, or touch. SPD can affect all of your senses, or just oe.

AUTISM OVERSTIMULATION:
Overstimulation can be triggered by a variety of factors, including loud noises, bright lights, strong smells, and tactile sensations. Children with ASD may have difficulty processing these stimuli, leading to a sensory overload that can be difficult to manage and typically ends up leading to a meltdown.

SENSORY OVERLOAD:
Sometimes, an autistic person may behave in a way that you wouldn't immediately link to sensory differences. A person who finds it difficult to process everyday sensory information can experience sensory overload or information overload. Too muc information can cause stress, anxiety, and possibly physical pain.

AUTISM MELTDOWN:
Meltdowns are similar to the fight response. When an autistic person is having a meltdown, they often have increased levels of anxiety and distress, which are often interpreted as frustration, a 'tantrum', or an aggressive panic attack. They are typically brought on because of overestimulation.

AFO'S:
An ankle foot orthosis, or AFO, is designed to treat foot and ankle disorders in children. These are also known as braces and are designed to provide a stable base of support for your child's lower extremities. AFOs are prescribed for a number of reasons, which include: To hold the ankle or/and foot joints in an ideal position in order to reduce stress on the joints and reduce pain. To provide support and protection to weak joints and provide stability. In Avery's case, she struggles with extreme toe walking.

 In Avery's case, she struggles with extreme toe walking