𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. confessions/suspicions

            After everyone's classes ended the next day, Mindy called everyone together in the big courtyard

            After everyone's classes ended the next day, Mindy called everyone together in the big courtyard. She'd been told by Tara what had happened during one of their classes and she had to her thing, being a film major and all.

            She sat everyone down on benches. There was no more room for her, so Soleil stood behind Quinn. Her arms were crossed before her chest. She hadn't been told what was going to happen today. Mindy herself stood in front of the group.

            "Okay, nerds listen up!" She started. "As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not... calling the killers last time." She pulled on her shirt.

            Her demeanour became defensive. "It's fine. Okay. The way I see it, someone is out to make a sequel to the requel."

            Anika raised her hand. "Um, what's a requel?"

            "You're beautiful, sweetie. Let's hold questions to the end." Mindy replied. Anika tilted her head with a confused smile.

            "Stab 1 took place in Woodsboro," Sam said, taking over Mindy's story. "Stab 2 took place in college."

            Tara caught on. "So we think that the killer is trying to copy the movies?"

            "In other words, no one holds Ghostface on the line as bait." Soleil said sharply.

            "That is one possibility," Mindy agreed. "Heroes now in college — check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and/or bodycount — check, check, check and check."

            She pointed at all four of their new friends — Ethan, Quinn, Anika and Soleil. Soleil remembered Aaliyah warning her this might happen when she called her earlier that day. Naturally, Soleil had told the girl of the situation in the supermarket, and Aaliyah had told her that could make her a suspect. Soleil had called her crazy, but eventually it might not have been so strange.

            She was a stranger to them after all.

            "I don't like this." Ethan said. He glanced at Soleil, trying to be secretive about it, but he failed miserably.