𝐭𝐰𝐨. a cup of coffee a day keeps chad away

          "How do you do it?"

          "How do you do it?"

          Soleil looked up at Ethan. It was morning and he hadn't yet styled his hair. Not that he usually styled it much. "Do what?" she asked. His arm was around her as she laid under the sheets of his bed. Ethan mostly wore flannels or t-shirts in which you couldn't see his muscles, but, oh, did he have them.

            "The secrecy," Ethan replied, staring ahead. "I have to keep reminding myself to not say anything in terms of you. But when I look at you, it's like it's so easy for you to keep secrets."

          She sighed. "You're not the first person I keep a secret."

          "You've got another boyfriend?" Ethan furrowed his brows, his body turning towards her slightly.

          Soleil had to laugh at his reaction, but then she turned more serious again. "No, dumbass, my dad. You don't go boasting around about your father who's a serial killer. You're the only one who knows about him."

          "Oh," Ethan chuckled lowly, sinking back in his pillow. "Right," He started tracing patterns on Soleil's tan-skinned arms. A smile creeped up on Ethan's face. "So what are you wearing to the party today?"

          Soleil turned around so she could look at her boyfriend better. She rolled on her stomach, leaning on her elbows. She replaced a strand of Ethan's hair that hung over his forehead to the side before smiling back.

          "If I told you now, it wouldn't be a surprise, would it?" She replied.

          Soleil stood up to walk over to the small kitchen counter, where a coffee machine stood. She started making two cups of coffee, leaning on the counter as she waited for them to be ready. Coffee was the one thing Soleil always needed at the start of the day, otherwise she'd be grumpy all day.

          Ethan had this Stabathon mug that Soleil gifted him for their three-month anniversary, but obviously their friends didn't know it was her present. Soleil herself borrowed Chad's mug. Another white mug with a Christmas penguin on it.

          After Soleil poured the coffee, she gave Ethan's mug to him and placed her own mug on the nightstand. She got back in the bed, next to Ethan, sipping her coffee. Soleil felt how she became more alive with every sip of caffeine she took.