1.7 - janitor's closet

Start from the beginning

A few more of your classmates joined the discussion, talking about their average quirks. It was nice talking to your classmates like this, as it was something you never did. You were always ostracized as a kid. It was different now that you had a quirk though.

A part of you hated it.

Would they talk to you, laugh at your jokes, or even sit next to you if you were still quirkless?

The answer was likely no. The realization made you nauseous.

"Some people get really unlucky with quirks, huh?" She turned to Shinsou, who had been silently hunched over on his phone. "Hey, you, what's your quirk?"

"Shinsou-kun?"

He glanced to see you and half the class staring at him with anticipating eyes. "Hm?"

"What's your quirk?"

He froze up and his lavender eyes glazed over. 'My quirk... If I told them they would call me–'

"Are you alright, Shinsou-kun?" you asked, raising a brow. "You don't have to tell us."

"I really wanna know though!" a boy moaned. A few other students spoke up, agreeing with his complaint.

A girl with cat ears perched on top of her red hair spoke up, "Hey, [last name]'s right, we shouldn't pressure him, guys!"

"I- It's fine," Shinsou muttered. "It's mind control." His voice was feeble and almost frightened as he rubbed his neck, trying not to seem bothered at the gasps he heard.

"A quirk like that is kinda villainous, don't you think?"

"Yeah, you could do all sorts of evil things with that, huh?"

"Everyone says that," he weakly said. "I guess it's true though."

"Don't brainwash me now, haha...!"

Evil? That's not the first thing that came to your mind when he told you his quirk. You thought about how cool it was. It was so versatile and there were so many possibilities!

Your eyes shifted towards Shinsou who had gone back to his phone, his jaw clenched as he ignored his classmates. They had begun to whisper about his quirk and it reminded him of middle school.

"Any quirk can be evil," you blurted, bringing the class's attention to you. "Like, I can just snatch random people off the street and fly off! And then drop them from the sky or something..."

A few people laughed. Shinsou gave you a grateful glance.

Aina realized what you were trying to do and followed your lead. "Yeah! And I can gouge your eyes out!" She spoke in a childish impression of a witch as she eerily wiggled her growing nails at a boy who began to laugh.

"When you put it that way..." a brunette girl mumbled. "I guess I would be able to break and enter into places really easily with my silencing quirk!"

"Oh! Oh! My duplicate quirk could help with scamming people on PandaBuy!"

"I think I could probably scam too with my voice impersonation quirk!"

"You could pose as people's loved ones and take their money!"

Somehow, your class ended up just divulging into all the crimes they could do with their quirks. So much for UA being a hero school. At least you managed to restore the light-hearted environment in your class.

Ectoplasm strolled into the classroom, a nervous drop of sweat dripping down his temple when he heard the topic the class chose to discuss. These students are not very heroic...