chapters one

Picture of Christian above

Aubrey p.o.v.

Silence.

Silence rips through the room but the pounding of my heart is blaring in my ears. His icy blue eyes pierce mine from across the room as they make contact. I feel flutters of butterflies in my stomach as if my heartbeat is bound to beat out of my chest. He pushed off the doorframe and takes two long strides towards me. Is that christian? No it can't be him. My thoughts are interrupted when I look up into the strangers eyes.

I can see the the thirst and hunger in his eyes as he reached me, the want for me.

I want him too.

He brushed my bangs out of my eyes and gently grabs my face in his hands and kisses me softly on my lips. The touch of his fingertips on my skin makes me melt inside. We stumble backwards until my back is pressed against the wall and he pulls our waist together and kisses me harder. I wrap my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. A groan escape my lips as I hear a beep in the background. We countiue to kiss as the beep grows more agreesive....

Beep*

BEEP*

BEEP*

BEEP*

I feel his body turn to mist in my hands and dissolve in the air as my eyes flutters open and I'm buried deep into my covers.

"Crap!" I say aloud. I reach from out of the covers to hit my alarm clock to shut it up. "It was just a dream... it was just a dream." I uttered breathlessly to myself.

"Aubrey get up you have school today!" My mom yelled from down the stairs.

"Ugh... its Monday already!" I say to myself.

I pulled the covers off my head and head down stairs.

"Morning Aubrey, want some breakfast?" My mom asked as I grabbed the orange juice out the refrigerator and sat down at the round table.

"Morning, yeah... sure."

She walks over with a plate filled with bacon, eggs and toast. I begin to eat my breakfast when I feel eyes burning the side of my face. I look up to see my mom staring at me.

"What?" I asked taking another bite of my toast.

"You've just grown into a beautiful young women." She answers.

'That's a nice thing to say at such a weird time' I think to myself.

I looked up at my mom. Her pale white skin glowed as the sun from the windows bathed her shoulders. Her blue eyes sparkled as she talked about me growing up to be beautiful. She flipped her long blonde hair that ran down her back. If anyone should be called beautiful its my mom. I wonder why she ever adopted me. A little skinny black girl when she could have easily gotten a well fed white girl or boy even. She's been a great mom to me for the 12 years I lived with her. I finished eating and say

"Thanks mom."

I put my plate in the sink and rinse it off and head up stairs. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and wash my face. I look in my closet and grab some skinny ripped jeans and pair it with a black bodysuit and ankle high black boots. I look quickly in the mirror. My brown skin glowed as I fixed my hair and put on some lip gloss. I'm not really one to put on make up it just isn't really something I like to wear.

I go and grab my bag off my chair and sling it onto my back and head down stairs.

"Bye mom!" I say as I close the door behind me.