The Frankel Footage

(Does me writing with English spelling annoy Americans? Anyway haven't I been missed!🥰
I spent like 5 hours writing this that's kind of embarrassing.
ENJOY.)

After a moment of staring at the space Luther left, Five rushed to his feet to chase after him, taking his arm and pulling him aside, speaking with more assertion than before.
"What is wrong with you? I just told you the world's gonna end in ten days!"
"Yeah, well, you're always saying that."
"And so far I've been right!"
"Look, you wanna go save the world? Knock yourself out, but I already got a job."
"Wait, you work in this shithole?"
"Well, my boss owns the place." Five stared in confusion. "I'm his bodyman."
"What's that, like a masseuse or something?"
"Okay, can make fun all you want, but I take good care of Mr. Ruby."
"Wait, Ruby? The Jack Ruby? The gangster who shot Oswald?"
"Yep, the one and only."
"Well, it finally happened. That gorilla DNA has taken over your mind."
"Hey, watch it, alright? Jack's a good friend."
"And you're Number One. Número Uno, remember?"
"There is no 'Number One'. Not anymore, not in 1963. Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year, what did you expect?"
"I get it, alright? You watched Pogo die, the world exploded and I marooned your big dumb ass in time. I'm sorry, okay?" he sighs. "But I'm asking for your help, Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs-"
"Doesn't need me," he scoffs softly. "It never did."
"Luther, honey? Jack's about to lose it on some halfwit, a little help?" Autumn, the waitress, pleads to him, carrying a large tray of drinks before hurrying off to deliver each glass.
"Ah, shit." he sighs, about to rush off before being stopped by Five.
"Luther, wait-"
"Listen, you're the genius who said we should jump, right? You're the one who got us stuck here and you're the one who brought Vanya. So, if there is a doomsday coming, she's probably the cause. And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you."
Five watched as he took care of the guy blabbering on to Mr. Ruby, catching the man's drunken attempt to hit him and dragging him out the door, taking a swig from an abandoned glass of whiskey from the bar.
"Dad should've left him on the moon." As he gets up to leave, he hears a tear, bringing his attention to his right pocket, before noticing there is an object in there he didn't remember placing there. Reaching in, he pulled out a small tape, which read 'Frankel Footage', recorded on the 22nd of November 1963. As the cogs turned in his mind, he remembered Hazel drop something in his pocket before shoving the briefcase into his arms earlier that day, then rushed off to investigate the strange tape and what its importance was other than the relevance to JFK's death day.
-
Scanning over the most recent newspaper for any missing persons who fit her description, Vanya looked up to find Sissy searching frantically for her car keys.
"My keys, have you seem 'em?"
"No. Is everything okay?"
"Yeah, it's just.. Carl needs a ride home." she sighs, picking up her keys.
"From the office?"
"From the bar. He just called from a payphone, drunk as a skunk."
"I'm sorry."
"Any luck?" she asks, noticing the newspaper and cut out articles. "Someone find you yet?"
"Nothin'," she shakes her head with a sad smile. Before Sissy can respond, Harlan comes up behind her with his favourite storybook, humming for her to read it to him.
"Oh, no no, sweetie, I have to go out for a bit, but Vanya can read it-" she's cut off by Harlan's squeals of disapproval and Vanya rushes to de-escalate the situation, taking the boy's arm comfortingly.
"Harlan, come on, let's go back to bed."
"Harlan, honey-"
"I'll go get Carl," she says, cutting her off, sensing her stress
"Really, are you sure?
"Yeah, and you can stay and read to Harlan. I got this."
"Don't take this wrong, but I wish I'd run you over years ago." she chuckled gratefully as she handed Vanya the keys, and guided Harlan back to his room.
-
On a quiet, dim-lit street, a police siren blares as the cop car drives by, in search of two missing prisoners of the mental institute. When it was out of sight further down the street, Diego and Lila stuck their heads out from behind a parked car, watching the police disappear into the distance.
"This way," Diego instructed, running across the street to an alleyway that led to a parking lot of a motel. Lila follows two steps behind, she looks back to the road from behind a wall. "Alright, we can't stay here too long," he looks behind them to the motel, scanning his surroundings thoroughly. "They're gonna be looking for us."
"The cops or those large scandinavian fellas with guns?"
"Both." Diego rushes over and climbs on a garbage can onto the stairwell to reach some clothes hanging dry, ripping each item off their pegs and throwing them down to Lila.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm not gonna get very far dressed like a lobotomy case."
"You mean we won't get very far." he sighs, taking his shirt off.
"Look, I appreciate your help, but now we-" he pauses, spinning around upon seeing Lila undress herself too. "-now we go our separate ways."
"Why?"
"Because they're gonna be looking for us together. We stand a better chance on our own."
"You need me. We make a good team." she insists, pulling the jumper over her head.
"Mm-mm, too dangerous."
"You didn't think so back in the funhouse when I saved your arse, or did you forget?" Before Diego could argue, a siren blared as they rushed out of sight behind a thin brick pillar, forced to share the space by pulling each other close so that their noses were practically touching. "Your flies undone," he looks down. "Gotcha."
"What is wrong with you?" she smirks before looking over his shoulder to watch the cops slowly drive out of the alley.
"Come on, we'll take my car."
"What car?" he turns around to see her bending down to pick up a brick, before smashing the window of the one beside them.
"This one," she smiled at him deviously before getting in the driver's seat and hot wiring the car, Diego gaping at her. "What, you don't like the colour? Stop being a princess and get in!" he shushes her, rushing to the passenger side.
"You know the other window was open, right?"
-
Faint jazz music could be heard blaring from Carousel Burlesque, where Vanya parked the car only to see a drunken man leaned up against a phone box, practically unconscious.
"Jesus, Carl," she grunts, pulling him up to his feet. "You're a mess."
"Sissy mad at me?"
"I wouldn't exactly say she's happy."
"She tell you that? Or you just speculatin'?" his eyes drooped when he turned to face her, his head spinning.
"You lied to her, Carl. You said you were going to work and you came here." The man says nothing in response, and just heads to the passenger seat. "Okay, get inside."
"She still love me?" he looks up at her pleadingly.
"Of course she does."
"You're lucky, you know that? You got a blank slate. Start over. Be anyone you want. The rest of us are stuck with who we are." Vanya stared blankly, feeling the complete opposite with having no knowledge of her past or identity, making her feel like a stranger to herself and everyone around her.