Chapter 2: The Fruit Tree

The wind was weak and the night was warm. The party had ended many hours ago and the servant boy lay on stone hard bed alone thinking about the girl he had seen earlier that evening. He sighed and closed his eyes, but couldn't seem to feel in the slightest bit tired at all. He got up and paced around his tiny room until his legs ached. He needed to get some fresh air so he creeped out of his cupboard-like room and headed towards the garden.

Servants POV:

The garden is my favourite place to go, even though it is beautiful, it is always deserted. The stars shine so brightly in this country and the grass is so soft under my aching feet. Near the end of the garden is a tree, full of fruits and colourful leafs although the tree is over 10m tall therefore out of my reach. As i slump my back against the tree, i let out a sigh and begin to pick the grass around me and take in the scent of the wild flowers.

I freeze up when i hear footsteps coming from the other side of the garden. Slowly, a figure starts limping towards me from the shadows. I start to stand up as to make a run for it because the last thing i want is to be told on to the King and whipped in public. Wait a minute, i recognise that hair...

Normal POV:

A girl stands just a few meters away from the servant boy as the wind blows silently through her raven hair. Her golden eyes met with his emerald ones as they stare at each other in shock. The girl, still with her eyes fixed on him, took a step backwards but got caught on a branch on the ground and fell backwards only to fall into the servant boy's arms as he had ran to her as fast as he could just so she didn't have to meet with the ground. She slowly looked up to see a pair of eyes on her, their faces were inches away and getting closer. When the girl snapped back into reality, she pushed him away leaving her to fall on the ground with a bright red face.

The boy looked at her and laughed a bit. "Well if it isn't the beautiful girl from the dancing group."

He held out a hand to help her up but she refused and got up herself, only to fall back down again because of the thorns still wedged in her foot.

"Here let me help" the blonde said in a more serious tone as he held up her foot and examined it. He could see where the thorns were and the trail of blood on the grass behind her. She blushed and winced a bit as he carefully pulled out the first thorn. There was pain at first but then relief as she started to notice the difference in her foot.

"Whats your name?" He asked as he pulled out the second thorn and looked at her for a slight moment.

"W-why do you need to know?" She nearly shouts as she turns away from his gaze to hide her blush.

"Is that how you speak to the man who helps you with your injury?" He says in a teasing way. She pouts her lips at him which he found adorable.

"Its not that bad, i can do it myself" she says just above a whisper but sill not moving a muscle to let him finish the job.

"So if you wont tell me your name, i will just have to give you one myself... Honey" the boy said with a smirk on his face as he pulled out the last thorn in her foot.

"What?! Don't you dare call me that!" She shouts as she gets up feeling a lot better now her feet were back to normal "its Misaki Ayazuwa"

"So... Misa-chan!" The servant boy says as he holds up one finger and smiles.

"Shut up! Anyway you haven't even told me your name yet so why are you nagging me?" She says walking past him to sit by the fruit tree.

"Usui Takumi" he says sitting beside her as she slides over a bit for personal space. "You know, if you get caught out here, you could get hurt"

"Yeah well i can look after myself, i don't need your protection" Misaki replies with a slight shade of red coming to her face from his concern. To Usui, she was the most interesting girl he had ever met. Before he became a servant to the King, he was often confessed to by many girl and every time he would turn them down as they were all the same in his eyes. But this girl was different.

"But what would i do without my Misa-chan" Usui said as he pouted at her and began to stand up.

"Wha-! I hardly even know you so don't treat me like I'm your possession you perverted out-of-space alien!" She nearly shouted as she started to walk back towards the palace. Usui just stood there and watched her walk away from him until she stopped halfway, not turning back "Th-thank you for helping me"

Usui's eyes grew wider as he felt his heart beat a bit faster "Anything for my Misa-chan!" He said in his teasing voice.

"Shut up!" She said as she started to run back into the palace. Usui grew a smile as he had never felt that feeling before. Was he in love? He shook his head to get that question out of his head and slowly walked back to his room.

TO BE CONTINUED!! Second chapter completed! Im hoping there are no spelling mistakes or anything but... Yh XD