~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am regretting everything now. 

I looked at the huge rundown building in front of me. It was huge, which was nice, but also creepy and ready to fall down at any minute, which was bad. 

This is why you don't trust crow-masked men in top hats. They look like they'll rip you off, they will rip you off.

"It's...", I struggled to find words at the creepiness before me. "Can I sleep somewhere else?"

Crowley ignored me. "It is marvelous indeed". He unlocked the door, although one could have just kicked to open it. The foyer was in worse condition than the outside. He lit a candle and went into what looked like the lounge. I coughed at the sheer amount of dust.

He set the candle on the table. "This should keep the elements at bay for the time being. Now, I should return to my research. You can stay here free of charge until anything related to your return comes up. Ta!"

He left as if he'd just explained everything to me, and not stranded in the middle of an abandoned building. If I wasn't so dumbfounded, I would have chased that mangy birdbrain back to the main building.

I stared at the desolate dustscape before me.  If this was the condition of this room, what about the other rooms? Sweet Hades, Please tell me there's at least a proper cot I can sleep on.

I sighed. "Guess it isn't time to crash yet."

Hours later, I wiped my dust-caked hands on a washcloth. Despite the state the building was in, it did have some basic working facilities. The plumbing could use some work though. Where a Jake Mason when you need one?

I managed to clean up as much as I could. I gathered all the garbage and went outside. The sky was dark with clouds rolling over the stars. Judging by the distinct mud smell, it was going to rain soon. 

The mansion (I am going to call it the mansion to make myself feel better) didn't seem to have a stable roof. 

'I better collect some buckets', I thought, as the first raindrops started to fall. 

After placing the buckets in their places and checking that the place wouldn't flood, I fell back on the sofa. I was tired. Fighting a monster, going through a hundred books, and cleaning a haunted-looking mansion could make a girl exhausted. It had been such a long time since I worked for hours.

And the first time I was alone. 

I sat up straight. I totally forgot about Camp. Will. What happened after I came here? Was I being searched for? A camper gone missing was never a good thing. Will would be terrified. Kayla, Austin, Jerry, Yan, Gracie, Nico, Malcolm. Were they okay?

My eyes started to droop. Before I could close them, a familiar screech came from the hallway.

"GWAH! It's pouring out there!"

You gotta be kidding me.

I unsheathed my daggers, just in time for a dripping-wet monster to come inside the lounge.

He blinked his round blue eyes and flinched. "MYAHH? Why are you here?"

"I should be asking you that, raccoon ", I waved my dagger. "For the last time, I am not a raccoon!", he screeched. "Why do you always have those daggers when I see you?"

"To make sure a certain blue ears beast won't ambush me again. Oh, and to check why would it come back after being thrown out, you know, in case it doesn't tell me and try to burn me instead."