So much going on at once

SULLIVANS POV:

There I was, sitting in my chair, ticking my fingers on my desk. Staring blankly into the air. For the past hour I had been thinking about what to do next. Eliza is off to London for a weekend if I am not wrong, and that Ben is still here. I must do something, and now is my chance.

"Sergeant", I shouted at the door. Goodfellow immediately came marching in. "Yes sir?" he asked politely. I pointed the door, which was followed by Goodfellow quickly closing it.

"We're going to do a search in Ben West s room", silence fell in the room.

"Why if I may ask?" He did not have to say that twice. I threw the report on ben onto me desk in his direction. Whilst he began reading, I started explaining.

"If I am not mistaken, you know miss. Armstrong very well", he did not answer, so I continued. "The person you're reading a report about has been staying in Kembleford for about 5 days Already, and has become close friends with Miss Armstrong", I almost spitted them words. He did not stop reading. "Sergeant, how do you like the idea of your friend being friends with a possible murderer", Goodfellow straightened his back and sighed a little, "sir, I do care for El- Miss Armstrong, but this so called Ben was only ever accused, he never sat trial", I looked at him from under my eyebrows. "He had the motif, the sources, the possibility to kill that Lewis Fletcher, whoever that may be," I stood up and slammed my hands on my desk, "two robberies Goodfellow, two and a possible murder. Is that not enough for you to worry", once again, silence filled the room.

After a while, he closed the report, stood up and walked to the door looking slightly confused, as if didn't know what to say or believe.

"I'll get a team ready, inspector", with that said, he closed the door behind him and I was left alone. I didn't say anything, I just stood there, staring at the door.

What are you doing Edgar?

"Leave it already", I spoke to myself out loud.

ELIZA'S POV:

Nervous as I was, I rang the bell of the grand apartment. In a whip of time, the door fell open and Bunty's glamorous appearance stood there, in the hall. With her arms spread, and her elegant figure, she came running towards me. I dropped everything in my hands, and did the same. Whilst I wrapped my arms around her, I began thinking. It's funny isn't it, how two complete opposites can be so...one. She, with her flowing skirts and tight T-shirts, and I, wide trousers, and messy hair.

'Oh, I missed you so much', she said desperately with her head right next to mine. I believe we were almost chocking each other with our tight grip. After a while we both let go, and soon, we exploded with laughter. As elegant as she could be, as inelegant I could make her.

'Oh Bunty, so much stuff has happened', I said softly, when we were both done laughing. 'You must tell me everything about it', she noted whilst hooking her arm in mine.

'Right, so here's a short version of everything that has happened since the last time I saw you,' I spoke loud when we sat down in one of the many couches. 'I went to a ball', immediately Bunty's mouth fell open,' Lady Felicia obliged me', I said with a sad face, which Bunty clearly ignored, because she kept staring at me with an open mouth. 'Right, so there I danced with the inspector. After that, I almost got killed. Then I lend the inspector's bike. Then I went to see Agatha Christie together with one of my best friend! The friend I'm talking about is called Ben, he is so much fun! I'm sure you'd like him', when I looked at her, her face contained both disbelief and happiness. 'Let me get this straight. You almost got murdered, and you're falling in love with who was it, that inspector or Ben?', I slapped her arm, on which she replied with an exaggerated "Auw!". 'Neither. I never said I fell in love. The inspector is simply a friend that helps me out sometimes... And don't you have any good friends that you absolutely love', I asked, hoping she would realise just because you talk about a friend with great enthusiasm, it doesn't mean you have a crush on them.