𝐌𝐀𝐔𝐅𝐀𝐄𝐘

Start from the beginning

Maufaey had never had an interest in women before he found them to be nuisances and he'd rather stay alone until his death. But the day came for his younger sister to be mated, the Olo'eyktan's son came from another village off the coast to Awa'atlu and then was followed by some healers. Maufaey remembered staring down his sister's new mate, Tonowari, he thought he was softer than an ilu, not a strong bone in his body to fight for their village. Maufaey remembered speaking to his father about becoming Olo'eyktan, that he had worked hard for it so he deserved it now, but his father's grudge lived on—dismissing him that he had other na'vi in mind to lead the village when he's gone, Maufaey prayed that would be soon.

Upon meeting Tonowari, Maufaey wasn't impressed, even though Ronal would scold him for being so rude he didn't care—Tonowari was taking something that wasn't his. But his mindset changed when his eyes laid upon one of the healers, her soft smile melted his heart, her long curly hair shined in the sun, voice so soft it brought pleasure to Maufaey's ears; everything about her was perfect. But it seemed as if she didn't share the same interest, her attitude would switch when she was around him. Ä'uu thought he was rude; his snarky attitude towards Tonowari made her skin prickle. His glares that were directed towards them made her angry so one day after the communal meal she confronted him. Maufaey said nothing at all, only watching her yell at him; that day on he had grown madly in love and started courting her, completely disregarding the Olo'eyktan situation. It was slow but Ä'uu's feelings of distaste towards him faded and started falling for him too. Ä'uu started courting him as well; the first she exchanged with him was a carefully woven bracelet.

Once Ronal and Tonowari were mated Maufaey approached his father, speaking to him of wanting to mate with another. Of course, his father didn't care. Maufaey didn't understand why he told him in the first place, maybe to see if he cared. No. Of course not. Ä'uu soon left her old village to start anew with Maufaey, it was a dream to both. But years later Maufaey and Ronal's father grew extremely ill, Ronal tried everything to heal him but soon after she stopped. Maufaey remembered the conversation quite well, 'There is nothing we can do.' Her eyes watered as she stared at her sickly father. Maufaey felt pity towards his little sister, Ronal was never mistreated like he was; she was adored and loved so he got why his death saddened her. But putting aside her feelings Maufaey didn't care about his father dying, it was a relief actually; like peeling off an old scab.

Years would pass from his father's death Maufaey and Ä'uu settled in for the first time in Maufaey's life he had been happy. Ronal would nag at him to start having his family, and that Eywa was sending her several signs. After the conversation with his sister, Ä'uu seemed to be extremely nervous but Maufaey knew what it was about. He wasn't stupid and he believed in coincidences so the moment she announced that she was pregnant with their first child he wasn't surprised. Nevertheless, he was joyful that he was able to start a family, every night when he stared at his pregnant mate's stomach he would swear to Eywa that he would not turn out like his father.

The day his daughter was born Maufaey was overjoyed the moment he held her he fell in love. Ä'uu had no clue what to name her so Maufaey decided to name her after his late mother, Kxari. Carrying her around the village strapped to his chest made him feel proud, showing everyone his newborn even shoving her in Tonowari's face. Kxari was a quiet baby, she never cried, only stared off into space holding a small toy Ä'uu had made for her. Soon after their second child came, Kutaan, nothing changed when she was born it just meant more bragging rights to Maufaey.

Maufaey's life went smoothly by then no more problems came his way and he was glad Eywa had blessed him to start anew. His girls only kept growing and that made him a bit sad but Ä'uu was ecstatic when she could finally play with them, braid their hair, and make them clothes. But as soon as his life started going uphill it tumbled down painfully. Maufaey remembered that night when he ran around the whole village in search of his mate and daughter, the horror he felt when he saw Kxari limp in the arms of another warrior. His shaky hands were too scared to touch her already fragile body. Sending them off to the Tsahik he ran to the reef where his mate and daughter were earlier, he saw the empty basket and its spilled contents all over the rocky island, looking over at the sea he noticed the harsh waves from earlier had calmed down. Not thinking for a moment he dove into the ocean, using all the strength in his arms he reached to the bottom of the deep sea—plants that were covered in bioluminescence lit up her teal body, from afar it seemed as if she were asleep. Maufaey grabbed her body carefully and swam up to the surface, throwing her on the island. He was quick to perform CPR but she wouldn't budge—not an ounce of life came out of her. Praying to Eywa that this couldn't be real he brought her limp body to his chest and his hand grazed over the open wound on her head, more tears flowed from his eyes when he noticed that he wasn't able to prevent any of this no matter what.