𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱

⎯⎯ ୨ 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐃𝐘 ୧ ⎯⎯

𝐈, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲 

𝐈, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐲 

𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 

𝐈 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐲

﹌﹌

Instead of waking from her slumber relaxed, Kxari felt the gloomy atmosphere surrounding her, almost suffocating her. Kxari stood at the entrance of the mauri, waiting for her father to finish packing his things to get going on their morning patrol. Rain fell softly, and the small rain droplets fell on the surface of the water, sending small ripples throughout the water. Looking up at the dark sky, her anxiousness grew. Kxari never liked the rain, she found each droplet that landed on her body annoying, the way the sand got thick and sticky, the sea was much colder, and to make it much worse it was cold in general.

A calloused hand pushed her forward, out of the mauri. Feeling the cold air hit Kxari shivered harshly, scoffing at her father who passed by her, suspicion itching his skin. "You feel that as well, yes?" His voice was gruff from sleep. Letting out a small hum, Kxari fixed her pouch that was latched onto her loincloth, tucking her songcord as well. Maufaey spared her a glance, since the day he had yelled at her she had been giving him the cold shoulder. Yes, he wasn't surprised but it bothered him slightly, Maufaey believed he was in the right, she had gone and betrayed the Tulkun rule for an Omaticaya boy. She had gotten too close to the Omaticay and it infuriated him because they could not be trusted, they were running from danger so the danger was following them. Now knowing that the sky people have destroyed other villages for Jake Sully they are bound to come to their village.

Before Maufaey could speak Kxari ran forward and dived into the sea, watching her leave he only sighed and dived in, right after his daughter. Unlike their other morning patrols, Kxari was cautious, scanning the reef walls carefully—every time she got close to the opening of the reef her breath hitched the anxiousness slowly swallowing her. Sitting by the opening of the reef her Tsurak felt her apprehensiveness it shuffled around in concern as well as feeling her through their bond, appearing out of the water Maufaey watched his daughter, with a grunt he rode forward on his own Tsurak, giving her permission to follow after him.