Chapter 4. Crunchy Chip, Listen!

Start from the beginning

He stood up from his desk, going back to the window. A storm was brewing but would arrive in a few days.

He opened the window, letting fresh air into his office. It was cold, yet pleasurable.

He'd walk to the door of his office, opening it up and then leaving, closing it behind him.

"Genießen Sie Ihren Tag, Eure Hoheit." A guard spoke to him, (Enjoy your day, Your Highness.)

"Danke schön. Das werde ich gerne tun, Ritter Bitternut." He responded back. (Thank you very much. I'll be happy to do that, Guard Bitternut)

Now, walking to the stairs, beginning to head down. Crunchy Chip was going past the bedrooms, training his youngest pup to heel.

Maybe if he just ignores him, we won't need to worry so much until later. But that sickly throat feeling was now arriving to Dark Cacao. He needed to tell him, but how?

As he arrived on the second floor, Crunchy Chip was just walking past him.

"Afternoon, Your Highness! On a break? Hope you enjoy it!" He smiled, waving to him, the pup beginning to bite his trousers.

"I will, thank you." Dark Cacao nodded, worried if he'll ask the question again.

"I needa get going, little Vanilla is being a pain! He really hates training, don't you? Little Vanilla the Coocoo Cracker!" Crunchy Chip chuckled, the pup's ears jolting upwards at the sound of his name.

Dark Cacao gave a nod before walking past him, heading to a bedroom of a cookie he knew who could help.

Affogato.

He knocked subtly on the door with his knuckles, hoping he was in to answer.

The door slowly creaked open as Affogato's face appeared, looking redder than usual, still in his night gown.

"What..." He sniffled.

Ah, how did Dark Cacao forget? Affogato was suffering from the flu.

"I need to talk to you. I was planning to go on a break, but something won't stop bugging me." Dark Cacao explained, putting his hand on the dorm frame, leaning against it. Making him seem far taller than the 6,4 tall cooke he actually was.

Affogato looked up at him with puffy, drained eyes. A small scoff came from his lips, "Come in then..." He let out a low rumble, moving to the side so Dark Cacao can enter.

He entered and sat at the end of Affogato's messy bed. In fact, the entire room was far more messy than it usually was.

Affogato closed the door before sitting next to Dark Cacao, grabbing a blanket and draping it over himself.

"What are you stressing about now, Dark Cacao." He coughed, his voice sounding so flat compared to his sultry tone he normally has.

"It's about Crunchy Chip and the Cream Wolf. He still doesn't know, and I don't know how to tell him."

"Oh? I thought you would know how to solve that sort of minor inconvenience?"

"I do, but he loves his Cream Wolves. I need to make it really delicate, so he knows I'm sorry about it. But I don't even know if the wolf is destroyed or not."

"Well, uhm... I can't think straight..." Affogato yawned, wrapping himself up more in the blanket, "The Cream Wolf is dead. At least that's what all cookies from the tribe think, we found no sign of it, and I found its jam on your clothes, not just your jam, so I just assumed it was destroyed."

Dark Cacao looked puzzled as he fiddled with his fingers, a new detail to either cover up or tell Crunchy Chip about.

"All in all, it's safe to assume it is destroyed. So you don't need to tell him that it isn't."