1.5 - orientation

Start from the beginning

"I grew up around here, but you're all the way from Tottori? That's so far away!" Tottori was around 500 miles away from Shizuoka, so you were shocked to hear that. However, UA is a national school so people from all over Japan must be in this very room! The thought excited you – there were so many new people to meet! "How do you get to school, a plane?"

She laughed, a warm bubbly noise, "No, silly! UA owns a few dorm buildings off campus, so I just live in one of those."

"Ohhh, I never knew that." Maybe pre-coma you did know that, you'd never know.

The lights dimmed and a little animal thing appeared on stage. He introduced himself as Principal Nezu.

"Can't believe that's our principal," you whispered to Tsumeko.

"Isn't he adorable though? Like a cute little mouse!" Tsumeko was not a very good whisperer.

The mouse started going over the rules, which you decided to blank out during. Boring, boring, booooring stuff. Then it was time for the tour. The giant mass of students broke into groups of 20, with each group being led by a hero. You stuck with Tsumeko.

"This school is so big!" she exclaimed, linking a pair of your arms together.

"Right! And the doors are so tall!" Then you saw someone you thought you recognized. "Kosei-kun!" you called out. He didn't hear you, which caused you to roll your eyes and hide your embarrassment.

Tsumeko grinned at you. "Huhhh, is that your boyfriend?"

You gave her a lighthearted sneer. "Barfff, Tsumeko. I met him, like, a week ago."

"Maybe it was love at first sight!"

You giggled. Maybe you wouldn't mind. "Tsuburaba Koseiii!" you called again as you walked closer, dragging out his first name. You pulled Tsumeko along with you.

He finally turned his head, eyebrows raising in surprise when he met your shining eyes. The corners of his lips rose in a genuine smile. "Oh, so you did get in, huh, [first name]-chan?"

"Yeah, thanks to my good luck charm," you giggled, pulling out the moth-shaped air from your pocket.

He rubbed the back of his neck as his smile grew, causing his eyes to shut. "Awwww-"

"Oh, Kosei-kun, this is Tsumeko Aina, and Tsumeko-san, this is Tsuburaba Kosei!" you motioned at the two.

She wiggled her brows at you, as if to say, "So you met him last week but you call each other by your first names?"

During the tour of the campus, the three of you continued to walk and talk. You asked what they had done over the break and etcetera.

When the tour came to an end, it was lunch time and your legs were tired from walking up and down the stairs. "Hey, could I get your numbers?" you asked the two, timidly looking past them.

Flustered, Kosei let out a weird gurgle while blushing, which caused Tsumeko and you to laugh. The blonde quickly snatched your phone out of your grasp and put in her number. After texting herself, she changed the contact name to "Aina-chan 😽" and took a cute selfie for the profile picture.

"Call me Aina from now on – Tsumeko-san's way too formal!"

Stars appeared in your eyes. "Call me [first name] then!"

"And I'm Kosei!"

"No one asked, Tsuburaba-kun," Aina rolled her eyes.

Kosei deflated, but took your phone from her hands. He put in his own number and contact name, "Kosei :)"