Chapter Fourteen: Star Splatters

Happy Birthday ChaosDancer12

It was a graveyard...

Not literally, but there was a heaviness to the place that told there were bodies there.. somewhere.

So close to the tree of feelings resting place, Harry walked through the litter covered streets looking at at the dying plants that had long overtaking the settlement.

The tree had not told him of this place, just a deep sorry and anger about it.

He flinched as he accidentally touched a crumbling wall, and it came down entirely.

A twig broke.

"This place.. had been empty for a very long time hasn't it?" Harry asked turning.

"Yes..." a soft voice said, trembling with.. Harry wasn't quite sure. But, his newly trained emotion type abilities said it was sorrow.

Standing there was a slander monster, there clothing was rumbled as if quickly pulled on. What caught Harry's attention was the large golden eyes the other had, beautiful and filled with hope. Tears we're slipping down there face, and they looked like they were terrified Harry would vanish if they looked away.

"Are... you Dream?" Harry asked curious, his eye lights slipped down do the pendant with a star the other wore.

Was this his mother?

"Hoo..." Hedwig said landing on a tree sump nearby, staring at the two silently.

"Yes... I'm Dream, do.. do you know who I am?" Dream asked void all wobbly, clearly fearing he wouldn't.

"Your... Nims little star child... my mother right?" Harry asked nervously, he'd grown up an orphan.. there wasn't actually a guide book he could use on meeting parents.

"Yes.. Nims star child.. your mother," Dream whispered "Can.. I hug you?"

Star shaped green eye lights looked at Dream, there was a fragility to the adult monster.

"Ah... okay"

With a sob Dream walked over and pulled Harry into a hug, loosening a bit when he felt them freeze in his grasp.

"What's your name.. I doubt you know your birth name?" Dream asked softly, he'd only come to Dreamtale as he'd felt mother die...

To say goodbye one last time, as this place would finally fall.

Instead, a soul had been there.. a child that should have been wearing stripes.

Palette.. his Palette Roller.

His precious child, his treasure... his family.

"Harry," Harry answered, this place didn't really do last names for monsters very often so no need to give it.

"Your birth name is Palette Roller, but I can call you Harry," Dream told him softly, he pulled away briefly to look his son over.

"You grew so big, I missed so much," Dream whispered, he'd missed all his babies firsts.

"Sorry.." Harry apologized, feeling upset he'd upset this gentle monster.

"No.. there is nothing for you to be sorry about Harry, you never asked to be taken," Dream said, his son looked like the perfect mix of Ink and himself.

"What now?" Harry asked, everything was a bit surreal right now.

"If... if you want, you can come home... we've been waiting a long time to meet you, or... you can continue on your way," Dream said, begging with all his soul for Palette to come home.

"I'd like that, to get to know you and my other parent," Harry replied, he liked exploring but he wanted to know his family.

"Lets go home them, I can introduce you to your dad," Dream said with a smile.

"Sure... lead the way"