Chapter 18 : Kidnapping

Start from the beginning

At your sentence, he snickered, "A normal girl? This is quite funny. You seem more like a ticking time bomb."

"That doesn't change the fact that I'm hungry as hell!" you retorted.

_________

Elyndor pov

"Please (Y/N)! This is not the time to think about food!" Elyndore snapped with anger and exasperation.

__________

(Y/N) pov

As the battle continued, you knew for a fact that they were strong and that Shade, along with you, would not be enough to face them. You took a decision and drawing upon your remaining strength, you focused on your dwindling energy reserves.

Elyndor would scold you later, that is for sure, but it didn't matter, you had to finish this quickly and you knew it, considering your condition with Dazai. With a swift motion, you summoned the sole summon you could manage with your remaining energy, calling upon again Mirage, the ethereal fox, who landed on your shoulder.

Mirage immediately created numerous illusions of you and Shade that moved or remained still around you, confusing your adversaries and obscuring your true position.

Chuuya's eyes widened in surprise as his gravity-manipulated attacks passed harmlessly through the illusions. "What... How?"

Determination fueled your actions as you seized the opportunity with unwavering resolve, commanding Shade to attack.

With a fierce roar, he stopped defending and pounced on Akutagawa, forcing him to defend against the onslaught. In the midst of the battle, you caught sight of Dazai, still unconscious on the ground, and knew it was your chance to take to reach safety with him.

You grabbed Dazai by the shoulder, and began to limp away from your ennemies toward the opposite side of alley, hoping you would find another way to escape from your adversaries as you relied on Shade and Mirage to create diversions.

As you moved, your injuries weighed heavily on you, reminding you that you couldn't afford to stop. Mirage's illusions created distractions, leading Chuuya and Akutagawa on wild goose chases, while Shade struck swiftly and decisively to gather as much of their attention as possible, making the perfect distraction to allow you to escape.

Determination coursed through your veins as you crossed the alley, knowing that your escape relied on your ability to outwit and outmaneuver the formidable foes pursuing you. With Dazai in your arms, you pressed forward, determined to reach safety and regroup with your allies from the Armed Detective Agency.

Then, you noticed a narrow alley nearby and quickly increased your pace. As you managed to enter the alley, you heard Chuuya's voice.

"Okay, that is enough now, little mouse! You want to play? We will play!"

Then, the ground shook, and the energy of Shade disappeared, indicating that he was defeated. He wasn't in danger anymore and could recover, but it signified that it was just a matter of time before they saw through Mirage's illusions and came after you.

"Already? What monsters they are!" you exclaimed through your breath as you accelerated your pace.

As you moved, you turned your head to see if they were behind you, but nothing came into your view yet. You then looked at Dazai beside you and scolded his unconscious state, "Seriously, why don't you wake up now? Someone is struggling here to keep us alive!"

Mirage, on your left shoulder, looked at Dazai on the other side of her and growled. She approached him by passing behind your neck, and when she was at the level of Dazai's head, she hit him with her little front paw on the face to make him wake up. However, all it could do was make him frown a little, making her even more annoyed. She then began to hit his face repeatedly with all her might, but nothing could be done. Dazai was truly knocked out and seemed he would take his sweet time before waking up.