Chapter 1: "No harm in trying."

The end of World War 1.

That event didn't affect SEA as much as the conflict didn't manage to spread all the way there (what a relief). But, no war doesn't mean everything will be sunshine and rainbows all the time. There will be more to come shortly.

---------------------------

All was happy. Until World War Two broke out in Europe. The Third Reich, accompanied by the Japanese Empire (J.E) and Fascist Italy terrorized the world - resulting in innocent lives being killed off without mercy.

As the Third Reich (and Italy) terrorised Europe, J.E. had other plans. One of Japan's objectives was to capture Southeast Asia and secure the rich supply of natural resources to feed its military and industry needs. Singapore, the main Allied base in the region, was an obvious military target because of its flourishing trade and wealth.
------------
1941, Singapore.

Britain paced back and forth in his command post as he tried to come up with a plan to stop the Japanese invasion of Singapore. He stopped and looked at the handmade map of the island that was neatly placed on the table - thinking about what defence strategy would be best to fend off J.E. Until...

"Lightbulb." Britain suddenly said with a snap of his fingers and got to work.

A few hours later, Britain walked alongside his adoptive "son", Singapore, down the streets of Chinatown while discussing.

"They'll attack by sea, I'm sure of it. The dense Malayan jungle would serve as a natural barrier... all we need is sea defence and everything will be fine." Britain said out loud with confidence. He thought that this was the perfect plan - but oh boy, was he wrong.

He just had to publish it in the newspaper. Stupid right? THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!

"Did you have to publish it?" Singapore asked as he held the Straits Times newspaper in one hand while looking at Britain, who had his hands on his hips.

"Of course! The people should know that we're ready for the Japanese." Britain replied as he looked down at Singapore with a grin.

"But, what if J.E. manages to get his hands on this? Then the whole plan would be ruined!" Singapore exclaimed as he threw his hands up in the air - making the newspaper drop out of his hand and land on the floor.

Britain thought about that for a moment. Well, he was right about that. But what could he do? So - he just shrugged it off.

"Nonsense. I'm sure he won't. Don't worry so much, Singapore. You'll get wrinkles." Britain calmly said as he patted Singapore on the head. Singapore rolled his eyes in annoyance as he picked up the newspaper and threw it in a nearby bin.

"No wonder you have so many wrinkles then." He muttered as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"What did you say?" Britain asked as he looked at Singapore with a frown on his face.

"Nothing! Nothing at all." Singapore fibbed with a forced smile before turning and walking away, leaving Britain alone in the middle of the streets with a frown.

"白痴。" He commented with a scoff once he was in far range with Britain.