Rejecting Shinobu x Rejected Male Reader

Y/n P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning after recovering from my injuries after fighting the lower moon 5 with Tanjiro and the others. To be honest, that was a close call even after being a demon slayer for a couple of years. Fighting against a lower moon can be considered a death sentence. Getting out from bed, I got dressed and ready as I noticed Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke aren't around.

Y/n: Where did they go?

Looking around the room, I took notice a piece of paper next to my bed as I pick it up and begin to read it.

Dear, Y/n... Sorry for leaving you behind without telling you where we're going. We left with the Sound Hashira because he needed help with a mission that was taking too long. Will be back by next week at most see you when we come back. Later, Tanjiro...

Putting down the paper, I sigh to myself.

Y/n: Those three better come back alive even with the Sound Hashira tagging along. I heard from the Hashira himself that a very dangerous demon was located in that area.

Leaving the room, I made my way in the hallway of the Butterfly Mansion so I can ask one of the butterfly sisters about my sword. That when I came across Shinobu staring out by the window looking beautiful as always.

Y/n: H-Hey, Shinobu! I-I mean Insect Hashira!

Shinobu: Oh hey, L/n-san. I see your injuries finally healed up. How are you feeling?

Y/n: I'm fine! It's thanks to your medical skills, I manage to heal up this quickly.

Shinobu: That's good to hear. Come by my office later so I can give you, your final checkup before I release you for duty.

Y/n: Y-Yes, ma'am! I bow to her in respect before I heard her footstep walking away from me as I gasp for air feeling my heart beating fast.

Y/n: Oh man, that was too close! I thought I was going to pass out.

The reason I acting this way is because I have feelings for Shinobu, the Insect Hashira. I had these feelings for her since I joined the Demon slayer corp. Not only that, I also owe her my life after she save me that terrible night when a demon killed my family.

At first, I was blown out of my mind after learning demon existed. But knowing a beautiful and amazing, woman like Shinobu risked her own life to save me. I should at least repay her by joining in the fight on killing demons. So, after surviving final selection, I climbed up in ranks in order to get close enough to Shinobu. That's how I met Tanjiro and his friends during one of my missions.

Y/n: Ok, Y/n... you climbed enough ranks so time to work up the courage on confessing your love to Shinobu. It better than never!

After psyching myself up, I made my way towards her office for my final checkup.

Y/n: *thought* I hope Shinobu accepts my confession...

3rd P.O.V.

Later...

After Y/n received his final checkup with Shinobu, he started putting back his shirt as Shinobu started putting away her medical equipment.

Shinobu: Everything look fine by my standpoint. You should be ready to be released for Demon Slayer duty.

Y/n: That's good to hear... um, Shinobu.

Shinobu: Yes, L/n-san.

/n: Before I leave, I wanted to ask you something important.

Shinobu: What is it, L/n-san?

Y/n: I know this is personal, but I wanted to ask if you're dating anyone by any chance.