♤ Stepping Stone

"Harper! Let's go. I have to drop you off at school before getting to work."

"I'm going , I'm going."

"Ok , ready" , Harper Stated , fully dressed and down the stairs.

"Ok, let's go over this once more, how are you getting home from school", with Jay being in a new unit , their after-school routine has changed .

" I'll get a ride home with Benjamin. We'll stay with organized crime , and he'll drive me to practice. That's where you'll pick me up."

"Jay , I've been doing this since you switched to intelligence, which is about a month ago. I know what to do."
When Jay worked for Organized Crime, he would pick me up from school, and I would stay at his job. Now he's with Intelligence, everything has changed.

"Just want to make sure Harp."

" Why don't you just tell your unit that you have a sister. "

" Harper, let's get going to school. You're going to be late."
With that, Jay went to go start the car. He's been avoiding that question ever since he started intelligence. With organized crime, it was easy , Commander Perry had known Mom since senior year in high school. The entire unit was our family. This new unit is strangers to us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay's pov

"Kaitlyn was asking about you." Erin says while pouring Jay coffee.

" Well , tell her I say hi."

" So no interest on your part", Erin asked curiously.

"She's super sweet but my loss."

This wasn't entirely true. Jay liked the girl , truly, but with his sister, the change of new unit, he didn't really have time for another big change. Unless it was a special someone.

" You , I am never setting you up again", Erin stated walking to her desk.

" What , why not?"

"Because you don't know a good thing when you see it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harper's Pov

"I hate physics!"

"That's not what's pissing you off." Benjamin whispered

" How did you come to that conclusion?"

"Harp , I've known you since I was carried in with my mom because your mom was giving birth to you. So what's going wrong?"

Benjamin has known me forever. Comes with our parents also knowing each other forever. I've always said that's how Jay got into organized crime so quickly. I mean, he didn't even do patrol , just picked from the academy.

" Jay still hasn't told his unit he has a sister , and with how risky this new unit is, I don't know if he should or shouldn't. "

" Damm, I'm sorry, Harp , I know you didn't want Jay in this unit to begin with."

*Bell Rings*

" Hey, why don't we get ice cream before heading to the district ? Bring some for the guys."

" Ok.... and thank you, Benj . It's good to know I have someone to vent to."

" Anytime Harp , anytime. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jay's Pov

" How long have we worked with each other a month? I think it's time to be honest with each other , don't you agree?"

" No," Erin said while casually driving the car

"2 things , 1 you driving all the time , I'm not down with that."

"Sorority rules."

"I've been on the job longer."

"I've been in this unit longer."

"Ok ,look, I feel like a house husband", Jay Stated truly.

Erin just awws in amusement.

" What's the second thing?"

"What's the deal with you and Voight?"

"This stays between us."

" Of course,"

"We went to prom together," Erin says with amusement in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A day later - Organize Crime break room

"Hey Harper, heard there opening a new arcade near Pamela's Bakery . Wanna check it out.", Benjamin said.

" Ya sure , let me call Jay and tell him."

(On the phone)

"Hey Harp , I was actually about to call you."

"Really , I feel special, Jay."

"Haha. Hey, getting serious now, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what's up?"

" Can you stay over the Perry's today. One of my co-workers' son's just got napped."

" Ya , I'll stay with them , no worries."

"Thanks, Harper. Oh, and theirs your answer to why they still don't know about you."

"Ya , I get it . Luv u.

" Luv u too, Squirt."

"So what did Jay say, Harp?"

" Oh, uhm, I didn't ask . Instead, why don't we just have a fast and furious marathon. I can stay over tonight."

A/n
There's the first chapter. I know it's short and little detail. It will get more interesting once the Ben Corson Case comes into Season 1. Feedback is highly appreciated.