THIRTY-ONE

"You can do it. Just a bit more." Jackson encourages you, grasping your elbows while you grasp his forearms.

Your legs shake pathetically. "I can't! This is too much!"

"We're almost there." He states as you whimper in pain.

For the past few minutes Jackson has been helping you walk around the room. Your legs have grown stiff from being confined to a bed for so long, and your injury still aches when you move. You have been healing quite well, though, and that's why Jackson has begun helping you with physical therapy.

You're hoping that you only have to do it for a bit longer until you can be cleared to return to your job. It's been far too long since you've seen any of your boys and you miss them dearly. You know they miss you as well since Jackson has been kind enough to visit them for you. You weren't very surprised to hear that a few of them glared at him in hatred but still listened in on his updates on your health.

Surprisingly, according to Jackson, Hannibal was the most worried to hear how you're doing. Perhaps it's because he's the one that had to help save your life. You still remember how Jackson described his reactions to the whole situation. You feel bad that he had to be forced into such a position.

"There we go." Jackson sighs as he finally helps you sit back down on your bed. You shuffle back until you're on it properly, body instantly relaxing as it's no longer being strained. "You did good, kid."

"I hate this." You grumble, making Jackson laugh. You say that every time the two of you finish your laps around the room.

"You don't have to do it for much longer." He plops down in the seat next to your bed, leaning back as he kicks his feet up next to yours. "You've made a lot of progress. It should only be a week or two until you're able to go back to working."

"Really?!" You look at him excitedly which only makes him laugh more.

"I swear you're the only person in the world that gets this excited over the thought of going to work." He hums in amusement when you pout jokingly at him. He's glad that your emotions have been improving as well throughout the weeks. You were quite the depressed lump when you first got hurt.

"Of course I'm excited." Your bright smile suddenly turns softer. "I really miss them."

He looks at you with a soft smile of his own, eyes holding great care. "You're really something else, (Y/N). You bring a different side out of them when you're around. I really think you can make a great difference in their lives."

You flush slightly at the sudden compliments, refusing to look at him in case it makes your blush worse. "I just treat them like I would anyone else. There's nothing special about that."

"I beg to differ." He shakes his head instantly. "Nobody else in this world would treat them with care and respect. Not after everything they've done. The fact that you don't let their pasts influence your judgement is amazing- though also a bit concerning. You really are making a change in them. Just take Hannibal for example. The man literally ate people and yet he looked so disturbed when he held your organs in his hands."

You think over his words, still refusing to look at him. He definitely makes a good point. Even if you didn't see Hannibal's reaction, you trust Jackson enough to believe him. That just doesn't seem like something he would lie about.

"I want to see them." You suddenly croak out, tears filling your eyes.

Jackson gives you a pitying smile as he moves to lay next to you in bed. He wraps his arms around you, gently pulling you into his warm embrace so you can cry into his chest. He knows he should be concerned about how close you've grown with the killers but he can't find it in himself to hate it.

"I promise they feel the same." He whispers, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "Every time I visit them for you they don't give me a chance to even open my mouth before they're questioning how you're doing and if you'll be coming back soon. It's pretty cute, actually. I'm almost jealous that you have so many people that care for you."

"I care for you." You sniffle while he simply chuckles in amusement about the fact that you felt the need to tell him so to cheer him up despite the fact that you're the one who's currently crying.

"I care for you too." And it's the truth. He hasn't known you long but you've certainly wormed your way into his heart. He really does view you as his sister. And unbeknownst to him, you view him as a brother. You really wouldn't have survived this whole recovery process if it wasn't for him.

You can only hope that the two of you can remain close once you return to working.

~~~~~~~
Happy Halloween my fellow simps.

Just a short update for today. I hope you all have a spooky good time! Make sure to watch our boys, too!