Construction Crew

Leafy's POV

I was just cooking some lunch like every other day.

Except I made extras.

Why? I was having visitors!

I called a construction team to help build just a "few" buildings around the island.

Did I say few? I meant a couple dozen.

They would be staying here for a couple of days, maybe a few weeks...or years.

But they can go back to their homes of course! I'm not kidnapping them or anything....

*Insert boat sounds.*

"I wonder who that could be?~" I said in an excited singsong tone.

Since I don't have a place for them to sleep, they'll sleep in their boat.

There's no room in my tent.

A construction team of at least 15 people or more came out.

"Welcome!" I greeted with a happy smile.

"I've got the materials and everything ready! Oh, and here's a blueprint of what I want you guys to build first." I said, showing them a blueprint of what seemed like a pretty big hotel.

"I was thinking maybe you guys could build it over on this side?" I pointed over to a random direction where I thought the hotel would fit right in.

"I'll make food for you guys in the meantime, so you guys don't need to worry about a thing!" I said with a toothy grin.

"Do tell me if you guys run out of materials, money is just a trivial thing!" I chuckled.

"Now, I'll let you guys do your thing and I'll come by with some drinks and snacks in a bit." I walked away and let them do their thing.

_
{On the other side of the island}

Leafy's POV

_
I sighed.

Why do I feel so...empty?

I hate it. So much.

I should be making those builders some food, not having one of my depressed episodes.

I touched the upper left side of my leaf where my tear was.

I felt the flower that was covering my tear.

It's a bit sensitive but it doesn't hurt.

I should tear myself apart.

"What?..." I snapped out of it.

I need to get myself together.

I've got visitors, I need to go make them something to eat.

I got up and went back to the main area where my tent was and I could already see a massive change.

They had cleared out the trees where they were going to build the hotel.

Impressive.

I went ahead and cooked some fish and grabbed enough water bottles for the construction crew.

As I walked to where they were building I could see them already mixing the concrete.

'Already?...' I thought, impressed at their fast work.

I walked over and called them.

"Are you guys doing okay? I've got some food if you guys want!" I shouted slightly.

I placed the food on a table nearby. It was a foldable one I had put there in advance.

I placed the water bottles on the table as well before walking away to do my own thing.