"We're about to get started." He says. His entire body is shaking.

"You're going to be okay." She says, even though she's having a hard time believing it herself.

There is a loud uproar from behind them. They turn at the same time and there is a very vibrant orange wave in the sea of purple.

She recognizes Cam immediately. He is standing on the balcony, grabbing onto the safety netting. On the seats behind him, Johnny, Eric, and a couple of the rookies.

They turn to each other and smile before jogging as close as they can get.

"What are you fuckers doing here?" Cade asks from the other side of the net.

"We heard the Denver is where all the hotties hang. Had to come check it out." Johnny says.

Cam laughs.

"We're here to support you, Buddy. No matter what happens. You're always welcome on the Hotshots, but this is where you belong." Cam says.

Cade blushes and fist bumps Cam.

"Did you know about this?" Cade asks her.

"No, I didn't." Brooke says.

"She didn't. Elliott got us tickets. He thought you could use your scrubs." Eric pipes up from the back.

"Scrubs." Cade laughs.

Then the coach is yelling for the team to gather.

His smile drops fast.

Cam leans down so he is face-to-face with him.

"You got this, Cade." He says.

Cade nods and turns. He wraps his arms around her back. She squeezes back.

"You got this." She mimics.

Then he runs off to join the meeting.

"Are you serious right now, Cameron Taylor?" She jokes.

"We aren't the ones on the field right now. Like damn." He jokes.

"I've always liked Purple better." She says, tugging at the logo on his polo.

"You are basic like that." Johnny says.

And the familiarity really is comforting.

"Well, thanks for coming. It means a lot to him, I'm sure." She says.

"We all want this for him." Cam says.

She gives him a high five and heads to her post.

They read the off the starters for both teams. There is an increase of cheers when they call Cade on third base. Even a few claps from the opposing bench.

He is smiling, starring at the big flag hung behind Centerfield.

Once the anthem ends, he winks at her.

She can't help but think she saw the sparkle in his eye.

The first two batters have an early exit through an easy out at first base and a strikeout. The third though, comes straight to Cade. He jumps and makes the catch about four feet above his head.

The place goes wild as the team jogs back. They gather around Cade, shaking his shoulder and slapping his back.

That doesn't stop him from gluing himself to her in the dugout. His cheeks are rosy, but he is smiling.

The closer it comes to his turn to bat, he somehow manages to get even closer, pushing into her.

"Geez, Belmount. If you get any closer, you'll be on her lap." One of the guys says. She thinks the back of his jersey says 'Martinez'.

"Christain, shut up." Another one yells.

He's fifth in the order. He is called to come to the batters circle to warm up. His hands are shaking. She squeezes his palm before he leaves.

Everyone stands up and the stadium goes eerily quiet.

The first pitch is a curveball and Cade doesn't even flinch.

Then she sees it. That devious smile. The dimples. The undeniable sparkle in his eye. And then there is a perfect pitch, right down the center. It almost goes in slow motion. He swings, and the crack of the bat echos through the stadium.

It soars over first base, over the outfield, and over the fence into an eagar crowd who explodes with excitement. Cade drops the bat and rounds the bases. The guys are jumping so hard the floor is shaking.

Cam and the crew are high-fiving.

When he rounds home, he immediately makes his way into the dugout. The guys slap his back and ruffle his hat, causing strands of brunette hair to fall across his forehead. He plows through all the way over to her, grabs her waist and pulls her into his body tightly. He then smashes his lips against hers, and time seems to slow again.

The crowd is still going wild, but silence overcomes her. In this moment, she can't see or hear or feel anything except his big hands on her waist and his soft lips on hers.

"I told you you could do it." She says when he pulls away.

He seems to be too shaken for words. Except this time, it's happy, and it's thrilling, and she has never been happier.

The Rockies win the game 7-3. Cade gets a couple more base hits to add 3 RBI's to his professional stats.

When they leave, he is glowing unlike she has ever seen him. He hasn't stopped smiling. The new guys invite him out for post-game celebrations, but he puts his arm over her shoulder and declines.

They laugh, but congratulate him anyway.

"Welcome to the team, Belmount." They say as they depart from the clubhouse.

It's only fitting that in that moment, the Hotshots crew comes out of the shadows.

"Who let this riff-raff in here? I thought this place was high security?" Cade asks jokingly.

He makes his way over to the guys. Johnny grabs his shoulders and shakes him.

"Belmount, you fuckin' legend." He says.

Once he gets to Cam, he grabs Cade by arm and pulls him into his body. He slaps his back.

"I'm so fucking proud of you." He says.

"Thanks for everything." Cade says.

Cam lets go. He comes back over to Brooke.

"Well, what's the plan then? Did we lose our star player and our atheltic trainer?" Eric asks.

They look at eachother. They hadn't really thought more about that. Probably on purpose.

They end up hanging out on the tailgate of Johnny's truck for the evening. Reminiscing. They tell Brooke about his first year, back when he was a little lost puppy.

"He had a bite though. God, the first time we saw him play for real, it was unreal. Like tonight." Eric says.

The group of rookies look at Cade like the little kids in the stands looked at the Rockies today. Like they look up to him.

It's 2am when they depart, having thier own game to play the next evening. They hug one last time.

Cade falls asleep quickly that night, snoring happily with his face pressed into her neck. He blinks awake around 6:00 to use the bathroom.

He crawls back under the sheets sleepily, instinctively cuddling next to her.

"I love you, Brooke." He says.

She can just barely see his face, dimly illuminated by the early morning amber light peeking through the window.

"I love you too, Cade."