Danny Sullivan: Keep talking

Warning: Adult content, 18+ is advised

A/N: This character comes from the show The Crowded Room

A/N 2: This is a complicated story. I don't want to spoiler things for you people, so please read the end notes for more info if you're confused.

______

Imagine that during an obligated therapy session, unwanted thoughts and feelings rise. Who was the guy at the bar and why was he friends with her?

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

<<<(Dannys P.O.V)>>>

"Tell me about Ariana. What did she do?"

It was quiet in the room. I hated being here, in prison talking to a psychiatrist. Those judging eyes. Even though the lady in front of me was patient with me, I know what she was thinking. She thinks I'm crazy... "She was my best friend. She saved me..." I replied silently instead. She gave me a sweet smile. "I know Danny, but please try to picture her..."

"Ariana... uhm... would go out a lot. And she would have sex, a lot of sex..." I pulled on my legs uncomfortably. It still wasn't enough. I could see it in her eyes. "You're doing great Danny. Close your eyes and picture Ariana, what would she do?" With some hesitation I did what the lady asked.

I walked into the club, loud music trumped through my ears. "Hi Ari..." The bartender smirked. "Looking good tonight, ready for some fun?" I smirked back. "Always." I was looking around the club. That was when I saw him. A very handsome guy standing there all alone.

"She went out that night and there was a guy at the bar..."

"Hi there pretty..." I softly landed on the bar chair next to him. As soon as his eyes fell on me I knew I was sold. Someone was going to get laid tonight. "Let me buy you a drink." I bit my lip in a sexy way. He just laughed and smiled. "Oh come on, can't a pretty girl buy a pretty boy something to drink?" I said while letting out a fake wine.

He was visibly checking me out with confused eyes before he shrugged. "I guess..." After I ordered the drink, I softly put my hand on his knee. "You know it's really loud here. How about you and me go somewhere more private...?" Before my hand could reach his crotch, he stopped me. "Thank you for the drink really... I'm just not in the mood, sorry..."

"So what? You don't find me attractive?" I added a little hiss. His eyes instantly widened. "Of course I do, I just... My ex just broke up with me... And I don't really feel like having sex right now."

"The guy at the bar, what does he do? Did they have sex?" The psychiatrist pushed slightly, encouraging me to keep talking. I shook my head. "No, she wanted to, but he refused. He gave her his phone number instead I think..." I slowly muttered, not opening my eyes.

"Here take this..." He reached out his hand to offer me a piece of paper, showing it to me. My grin grew wider when I saw what was on it. "I see, I see. A quickie later?" He would just shrug and look down. "Well... uhh... no... More like if you need someone to talk to I guess. I could use a friend you know... And I'm not talking about the friends with benefits thingy." This made me raise my eyebrow. Guys would never give me their phone number just to be plain friends. It's always sex, nothing more.

He must have seen my shocked and confused face, because he re-drew his hand. "Actually never mind... I just thought, you look like nice person... Sorry didn't mean to make you uncomfortable..." Quickly I grabbed the paper from him before he could throw it away and put it in my back pocket. "Are you kidding me, I would like to be your friend... I never had a friend before..."

"He wanted to be her friend. She never had a friend before... All people who were nice to her, she would just push away..." When the psychiatrist put her hand on my shoulder I opened my eyes again. "But not this guy?" I shook my head. "No, not him."

"Why not?" I shrugged. "I don't know..." Even though the lady kept pushing me with the same question, I truly had no idea why Ariana picked him.

"Time is up!" Thankfully the guards came to take me back to my cell quickly. I don't think I could handle another minute with the lady. "Wait Danny..." But I already left the room.

Confusing and stress filled me when they guided me through the hall. Unconsciously my hand would reach into my pocket, I felt a small piece of paper. It was a phone number. I knew who it belonged to, yet somehow it was so strange for me.

"Can I make a phone call?" The guards shared a quick look. "You know we only allow calls on certain days..." Today was not that day. "Please? I didn't make one the past few weeks." Another look was shared before one of them sighed. "Fine, but make it quick."

Instead of taking me to my cell, they took me to the phone hall. It was empty besides the guards of course. Without thinking I dialed the number. It rang a few times before someone would pick up. "Hello, this is Y/n..." I remained silent for awhile, not sure what to say. "Uhm hello...?" He would say again.

"H-hi, it's me. You gave Aria... I mean me, your phone number..."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

Just to clear something: Danny and Ariana aren't the same person, they only share the same body. After Danny experienced a horrible incident during his childhood, he developed a Multiple Personality Disorder. It's confusing him as he only remembers parts of the other personalities. For example at first he believed Ariana was his friend and that while she went out, he would stay at home. It wasn't till later he realised he wasn't at home and that he or at least his body was at the club instead.

Please comment, vote and follow me. Check my other stories too.

Also if you want a part 2, just let me know in the comments.
Thanks again for reading this, it means a lot to me 😊

XXX L❤VE
⎯⎯⎯
© This is 100% written by me!
I do not allow copies, translations or reposts of my work.

Word count: 1081  ✦  27.10.2023