FTO - The Stolen Artifact

Part of the Pirate au I posted earlier.

•—————•—————•—————•—————•

The ship in the distance was foreboding. It's tall dark walls and sapphire blue sails stood out against the pale teal of the lagoon around them. It's symbol was one she didn't recognize, but one she knew the name of. His ship.

She dropped the spyglass, tapping the metal exterior with her bright pink nails. She examined the ship with darting purple eyes as she frowned. She really didn't like the idea of seeing him again, or any of the other full-scale pirates for that matter, but she needed this for her crew. They were performers, and so they must perform.

Tucking the spyglass into her coat, a light pink long jacket that she had sewn together when they made her captain, she stepped back. Running her fingers through her curls, she took a deep breath and spun around, pushing aside her thick accent.

"Alright! We ready to put on this show?!"

The assembled crew looked at her as she hopped down from where she had stood at the front of the ship. Six of them, most of her crew, would be participating in her plan. They'd agreed Cecil and Damian would stay behind; Cecil wasn't very strong or fast and Damian was a child. This left her with three for one distraction group and one to go with her in the second group. Their sixth member had his own mission, the reason they were here.

Said sixth member raised his hand lightly. He was their senior member after Herself and Jazz, the green haired jester who was watching the distant ship with a worrisome grin. Davis had been dragged into their crew when she and Jazz had pinned him in an alley, and he had been a vital part of their crew since, being the only pure-blooded merfolk; that little tidbit was the main tool of his mission.

"Are we sure they will send enough people for me to sneak in?" He glanced behind him, at least she assumed he did. His eyes were covered by a thick fabric of some sort, sewn by whatever waterproof fabric merfolk used. Mixed with his thick dark hair, you could hardly make out his face. "That ship is stock full of humans, and they got a fair amount of pure-bloods."

"I believe they will. We just have to egg them on!" She clapped her hands. "And that's something we excel at. What are clowns better for?"

"Entertainment." Juno, her second in command, said. Dressed in her tight clothes and plethora of merfolk artifacts, she did not look as much like a pirate as she did a merchant, but she was one of their best.

"No! Well, yes, but no!" She ignored their confused expressions and moved on. "Juno, you'll take Jazz and Basil-"

"Why not Yamitsu?" Basil asked. The young half-blood was sat behind Jazz, their bad posture making it even harder for her to see them when they weren't speaking. They tended to stay out of things, so this plan was a big change of pace.

"Yamitsu and I are taking their captains and whoever those two bring with them." Flurry explained. "You'll be in a forest, Basil, where you're strongest. Plus, you'll have Juno's arsenal and Jazz's... himself. They'll be sure to keep you safe. You'll do great!"

"Sure, Flurry. Sure." They rolled their eyes, which she chose to ignore. She was much worse at their age, so she really couldn't complain.

"Anyways. Juno will catch the ones on the ships attentions by shooting a cannon at them. Hopefully that'll get any stragglers off. Yamitsu and I will mess with the ones already on land. Separate them, take them out, keep them distracted. We need to give Davis time to break onto their ship and get what we came here for. Juno, artifact."

She leaned down and grabbed her bag, digging through it and pulling a small conch shell. It was bright orange and patterned, threaded with a thin, beaded rope to form a necklace. She passed it to Davis, who ran his fingers over it before tucking it into his bag; waterproof, just like most of his clothes.