Jaedah takes a slow breath in and a slow breath out in an effort to ease her frustration. She is abundantly aware of how deeply the Orendi want them out of here, but what bitters it is the lack of an explanation and the accusations of spies with no willingness to be upfront.

"King Arawn mentioned aggressors in his warning letter," Jaedah says. "Who is that?"

"Aliens - like you - from outer space. We don't want anymore," The Baron General says.

They see humans as invasive. Jaedah can discern such from their disapproving tone and that frigid, lidded glower their eyes are bolted into. With the new threat headed their way, Jaedah can understand why they would so fiercely want the first to be gone, even if it had never been UNISED's intention to present as a threat.

"If you want us gone, then why keep us here?" Jaedah asks.

"We bring you here to settle agreement. You agree to go home, we let you go and never see you again," The Baron General says.

"Baron General, I have issues no spies to your land or The Eijoa," Jaedah replies, "But I can't agree to that."

The Odysseus mission had been created to establish the first inter-species tie with humanity. This is the first interaction humanity has ever had with another species as developed as they are. She can't let it all fold beneath the impending arrival of some faceless force and the demands of one measly king. She had been sent here with a purpose to fulfill, and she will fulfill it, if not for humanity then for herself.

"Then you stay here," The Baron General states.

They back out of the room swiftly, and the door is closed again before Jaedah can get herself to move. She hears the handle lock, yet she tries it anyway. It does not budge.

A frustrated grumble tears from her chest. Trapped. Again. Locked within a tepid, stuffy room.

Goddamnit.

"Granger," Jaedah says. "Those spies - "

"I haven't issued any. A job like that would need your permission anyway," Granger replies hastily.

Jaedah sighs. No, she knows. Granger is never the type to avert her command like that, which means that it has to be someone else, most likely someone of higher authority on her.

"It has to be Earth Command," She grumbles out.

It infuriates her. Issuing spies completely undermines her duties here, and to do so without even notifying her? It's both discourteous and insolent and a total insult to her position as commander.

Marlowe heaves a sigh.

She mutters, "Let's just get the hell out of here. Like I said."

"And like I said," Granger retorts, "How?"

Marlowe gives him no reply. Instead, she takes to the walls. Her fingers roam among the smooth stone brick, an attentive touch that dips between each block and searches for any fault in the wall.

"It's an impenetrable stronghold, Marlowe. You're not going to find anything," Rowan says.

She slumps against the wall again, lip out in a hopeless, little pout.

"Then we brawl our way out," Marlowe returns.

"Ha!" Rowan says. "You've seen the Baron General. Even Granger would struggle with them."

Marlowe snorts, and though that's meant to cut her off, it does the exact opposite of dissipating the exchange. The three of them turn upon her, Jaedah and Granger curious while Rowan's eyes narrow.