The Beginning: The laptop

(Hwan POV)

Every day is the same.

Wake up, get ready, school, work, go home, and sleep. Wake up, get ready, school, work, go home, and sleep.

It's a tiring cycle of life, I just had to get used to it.

As I got home, I go to my room and lay down looking at the ceiling. I let my body relax before I close my eyes.

"Why does everything feel like a never ending cycle. Why can't I be in control of my own life..."

I said in my mind as I get up and take a shower. As I start to get into bed I felt it again. The feeling of someone next to me. I tried to let it go and forced myself to sleep as the feeling continues.

The beginning. It was what I considered a normal day, walking to work..feeling *invisible*,

I was walking in a crowded sidewalk yet I felt like I was the only person left out,...unnoticed is a better word.

I decided to walk through an alleyway since I was running late. While walking is when I came across a laptop. It looked like a regular laptop, I didn't really think about why it was in a random ally on my walk to work...or who/what was watching me, I just picked it up and continued with this never ending cycle.

I didn't really think about that laptop since I was in autopilot.

"You're late again" Daehyun said as I walk in the small cafe fixing my apron. He was leaning against his arm on the counter.

"Stop exaggerating, I'm only...10 mins late" I mumbled the last part as I clock in.

Daehyun rolls his eyes as he continues to look at me weirdly.

"Can you stop looking and actually work on those damn coffees Daehyun."

"WOAHHHHH...are we are going by full names now? Wow, ok I see how it is!"

"You're annoying, now finish up making those coffees will you Daehyun?"

"Ugh stop calling me that! Call me Dean, you already know I hate being called Daehyun!"

"Damn that sucks, too bad I don't care enough." I say as I look at him blankly as I walk passed him and start greeting customers.

Dean looks at me for a second before he remembers that he's still working on the coffees.

It was already 11 when I started to wash up and clean tables. Dean was no where to be seen, as always. I started to close the shop after I cleaned everything.

I went to clock out. It was almost 12 AM. I sighed and closed the doors.

"I could have been home by now if he didn't just leave without warning." I mumbled angrily as I pick up my black tote bag.

As I walked I felt like someone was looking at me. I turned around and saw nothing but I still felt like someone was staring at me.

"...What the hell."

I continued to walk as I speed my way through and go to the bus station as I look around for what can be causing this feeling.

As I got home, I go to my room and lay down looking at the ceiling. I let my body relax before I close my eyes.

"Why does everything feel like a never ending cycle. Why can't I be in control of my own life..."

I said in my mind as I get up and take a shower.

While taking the shower the lights flickered before it stopped as soon as it started.

Getting a bit freaked out I start to wash up quickly and out of the shower.

I dried my hair before I start to get into bed. The feeling came back again. The feeling of someone next to me. I tried to let it go and forced myself to sleep as the feeling continues.

"...."

I sit up on my bed as I go get a drink of water. I see the laptop from earlier stick out.

I had completely forgotten about that laptop.

I was a little skeptical since I only now realized I've picked up a random laptop I found in an ally, but curiosity got the better of me what can I say?

I opened the laptop and it looked...normal? Nothing was out of the ordinary, there was no pass needed for the account which I didn't really realize that's not normal.

As I looked through, it had a bunch of different types of files with unreadable characters, only one grabbed my attention.

I looked at the file that was in the center of the laptop, Hwan Quon, my name. 

My face turns to shock but I was still very curious even if I was terrified, the feeling of a break from my normal routine was just too good to pass.

I paused a bit. I look around and look out of the window in my living room as I swear I saw something or someone watching me.

I nervously open the file with my name on it as it starts to strobe random colors.