🕸️ Chapter 11 🕸️

It was the next day, you and Paradox had slept there for the night in one of the spare huts, specifically the one that Paradox had burnt a week or a few days ago.

You were now walking through Berk with Hiccup, Valka and Astrid, Stormfly, Toothless, Light Fury and Cloudjumper to get a new feel for New Berk, Along with to learn about what you had missed with them.

Paradox was walking behind you, tusks unsheathed, Stinger sheathed.

You were changed out of the armour from yesterday and you were in fresh new clothes, though they were warm due to outside being a little bit cold.

Tomorrow was Dreadfall, and you were rather excited to spend this Dreadfall with the tribe you had been raised in.

So far, you learned that Ruffnut and Fishlegs were married, Hiccup and Astrid were married along with dragon names.

Toothless, Light Fury, Hookfang, Grump, Skullcrusher, Stormfly, Cloudjumper, Meatlug, Barf and Belch.

The nine of you were walking through Berk, you introducing yourself to several different Vikings along with seeing the layout of where everything is.

"New Berk looks much more tidy than the way I remember old Berk." You hummed, looking around a little bit.

Paradox scuttled on the ground from beside you, wings curled and tucked in.

A few children ran around, along with some baby dragons or even adult Scuttleclaws, Berk seeming to be quite a dragon-friendly place.

"With all the dragons, we needed a new island, and when Grimmel The Grisly attacked us with his Deathgripper's, we moved off the map." Hiccup explained, smiling as Toothless roared in agreement.

Light Fury was weary and cautious of Paradox, who had his tongue out and his mouth open.

Cloudjumper walked up beside Paradox and roared at him, before Stormfly ran over with a piece of fish and threw it at Paradox, Paradox catching it happily.

"If Paradox wanted to eat one of the smaller dragons, would that be able to happen..?" You asked, looking over.

"He'll have to hunt on the outskirts of the island, specifically the wild dragons with no riders." Astrid stated, before looking over and smiling.

You did the same look, and spotted two young children, brother and sister, with what seemed to be three small dragons, all a mix of black and white.

Night Fury and Light Fury mix.

"That's Nuffink and Zephyr! Those two are our kids!" Hiccup said, beginning to switch directions to walk over to them.

"And those three baby dragons are the Night Lights, which were born from Toothless and Light Fury! Ruffrunner, Dart and Pouncer." Valka hummed.

Toothless ran over to the five and roared at them, Light Fury doing the same to her kids.

Paradox looked at you, pupils dilating a little bit as his head gestured to the three baby dragons that were near.

"Go on." You said, smiling.

Paradox immediately ran over, sheathing his tusks as he stopped directly in front of the three baby dragons and the two kids.

"Woah!" Zephyr said, looking at Paradox.

"Oh! Oh! It's a Deathgripper!" Nuffink exclaimed, cheering, knowing he got it right.

Kids being raised on Berk to like dragons seemed extremely nice, a sign that Berk has truly changed to teach them how to care for dragons

Light Fury stepped forward towards her three hatchlings, watching as Paradox leant down to their level with his foreleg pincers, roaring at the three happily as they all roared back.

"Light Fury was captured by Grimmel and his Deathgripper's a few years back, so she isn't very fond of Deathgripper's." Valka said, nodding to you as Cloudjumper roared, taking off to fly elsewhere.

Stormfly nudged her rider, before using her head to point to the statue of Stoick that was made of stone, the one you first saw when you landed on Berk a couple days ago.

"Come on, Hiccup!" Astrid said, immediately going towards the statue.

Ruffrunner hopped off of Paradox's back plating, Dart moving away from Paradox's foreleg pincers as Pouncer stopped trying to balance on Paradox's tail that connected to his Stinger.

Toothless and Light Fury followed Hiccup and Valka as they went towards the statue.

"Let's Go, Paradox!" You called, waving your hand as you beckoned him to follow.

Paradox unsheathed his two sets of tusks and roared at the three dragons, before Nuffink and Zephyr pet him a little, Paradox running towards the statue and stopping beside you right after.

You stopped in front of the statue, taking it in as the sun began to set, it being rather late at night already.

"How'd he die?" You asked, tilting your head.

"When I first found Hiccup again, Stoick died due to Toothless blasting him when under both Drago and his Bewilderbeasts' control in order to save Hiccup." Valka said, her tone being quieter as she dipped her head.

"Skullcrusher was his dragon, and he was passed onto Eret after his death." Hiccup informed you, Toothless roaring sadly as he sat down.

Stormfly did the same, Light Fury dipping her head at the statue, despite not having known Stoick when he was alive.

"He had a Thunderdrum who he released a long time ago." Astrid stated. "His name was Thornado."

A Thunderdrum and a Rumblehorn? With Stoick? Who would've guessed?

"Hm." You hummed in response, Paradox looking at the statue before back at you, asking for permission to hunt.

"Outskirts of New Berk only. Dragons without riders." You told him. "Try to stick with eating smaller ones, simply out of being polite."

Paradox immediately ran towards the forest, snaking off into the bushes as Stormfly, Toothless and Light fury watched, roaring a small 'goodbye' at him.

"And tomorrow is Dreadfall." You deadpanned, nodding to yourself.

"That should be even more fun now that we have you there." Hiccup said, smiling as Astrid nodded in agreement.

"The others would agree too." Astrid stated.

"And now that you're here, y/n, we can get a lot of more information on Deathgripper's themselves rather than watching them for afar or taking different guesses on different things." Valka hummed, before she turned around to walk away upon hearing Cloudjumper roaring.

"And I get more information on the best Dreadfall harvest islands." You said jokingly, grinning.

But was it really a joke?

It was hard to tell at this point.