4 | ''you are so whipped''

"𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳."

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. There was no note from the office or an email from any of them as to why. She was sad they were gone. She missed her daily chats with Alice, Emmett, and Jasper in the morning and Rosalie and Edward before lunch. She hoped they were well.

It was a nice day outside. The sun was out for the first time since Emma had moved to Forks two months before. It was a change from the previous week when the temperature was freezing and ice had frozen the roads. She relished in the sun's warmth as she took a walk after the lunch bell rang outside. She felt as if her tan was already coming back after only a few seconds of walking in it.

The students were also enjoying the nice weather, choosing to sit outside during their lunch. In the far back, she saw Jessica and Bella sitting. Nearby, Mike was throwing a football with Tyler. She wondered if any of the teens possibly knew what happened to the Cullen children. She found it odd that it was all of them that were absent. The likelihood that they were all sick was unlikely. She knew Bella was biology partners with Edward, something she was very excited about, and she hoped maybe she knew where her favorite students had gone.

"Ms. C!" Mike called her over when he spotted her. "Finally happy to have some sunshine like back home?"

"Very happy," Emma nodded. "I like Forks, I do, but I've missed my sun."

Mike whistled at her. "Getting that tan back?"

Emma chuckled. "Something like that." She then turned to the girls. "How are you all enjoying the weather?"

"Oh, I love it! I'm so pale right now, I look like I'm dead," Jessica grimaced. She was sitting on top of the table with her hands behind her on it, exposing her shoulders and chest in her tank top to the sun.

"Don't worry, Ms. Clement. The sun comes out way more in the summertime. It's just the fall and winter that every day is gloomy and rainy," Mike assured her.

"That's good to know," Emma smiled at him gratefully for the information. Mike smiled back before throwing the football way too far. He and Tyler then ran after it, leaving the girls alone. She decided then to find out what she had come to the table for in the first place. "Hey, have either of you seen the Cullens today?"

Bella perked at the mention of the family. "Are they not here?" She asked, attempting to hide her disappointment but Emma saw right through it.

Emma shrugged. "I didn't see any of them in my classes this morning. But maybe they'll show up later?"

Jessica shook her head. "No, they're not here. Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear."

Emma and Bella shared the same confused expression. "What, do they just ditch?" Bella inquired.