♡- Caine x Reader (3) -♡

this is part 3 to the Caine x Reader stories!!

.......................................................

...

Caine tried to speak, but he fell silent and could only stick his finger up in the air. He looked like a moron, but in a cute way.

"I- uhm- no, no! Don't be preposterous!" He waved a quick hand and looked away, his teeth head shaping to be more closed and covering his eyes more, like he was shrinking into himself. But, he saw the way [Y/N] was staring at him and his hands twitched, finally admitting after a few seconds. "Okay, fine, you win! Yes, I like you. More than just friends."

[Y/N] was stunned and stared at Caine with wide eyes, unable to respond. This worried him, as he kept staring at them with a look of regret, the feeling that he shouldn't of said anything ate him whole. Plus, he couldn't control his body now, as his leg bounced aggressively now, making his heel kick the chair a little more aggressively, while his index finger tapped the table surface in the same pace.
There was tension, until [Y/N] reached a hand over and took Caine's hand in theirs. Which immediately made him pause and look back up at them.

"A..Apologies, [Y/N], I shouldn't of.." But, he was cut off with his hand being caressed with both of [Y/N]'s hands, and his eyes were met with their kind smile.

"It's alright.." They mumbled, one of their thumbs rubbed across his knuckles soothingly.

They both said nothing as both of their minds went foggy with confusing thoughts and feelings. They were both internally freaking out. But, mostly for [Y/N], because they were confused and didn't know on what to say or do. Yet, something swayed them to go with this, like they really wanted this moment to happen. Meanwhile, Caine had no clue on how to react, except for laughing nervously and continuously shifting in place.

They'd glance at the nervous man before them, before sighing and giving him a reassuring smile.

"I don't mind.. I feel the same."

Caine gasped in surprise, as his other hand came over and held [Y/N]'s hand as well, stacking their hands together and making it look like a ball formation. He gave them a tight, yet gentle squeeze and bounced a little in his seat.

"Do you mean it?!" He asked with wide eyes, his teeth head curving a bit to try looking like a smile.

"I mean it." [Y/N] said softly, bringing Caine's hand up and kissing the back of his hands. They blushed a little after they did this, and they felt their heartrate pick up in speed.

They both sat there and held hands in a comforting silence; they both were too nervous to speak, since they didn't know how to reply to what just happened now and also didn't want to ruin the sweet moment.

After what felt like forever of just sitting and staring, a waiter (who looked exactly like the other wooden mannequins) came by and placed a random check on the table. Despite none of them ordering food.

"Oh, the check!" Caine took it in his hands, "I'll take care of it for you."

...Either [Y/N] lost the ability to read, was in a dream, or they saw the check wrong. The only thing written on the paper was scribbles and lines with no real words.
But, they couldn't protest, since they don't have any sort of money or payment.

Caine paid with what he called "wacky stacks", which was just digital money. Which was also these blue balls.. weird. He'd wave to the waiter as they walked away, before looking back up at [Y/N] and getting shy and nervous again.

"Well, uh, I never expected to be in a situation like this.." Caine chuckled nervously, leaning against the table again. [Y/N] just nodded, not sure what to say. He was quiet for a little, thinking of what to say, finally collecting his thoughts and gaining courage. "Apologies if this is too fast, but.. do you want to be my.. uhm.. my partner?"