☁️- Kinger x Reader -☁️

art is by: 4ppo_juice (on instagram)

story background:

[Y/N]'s been in the digital world for about a month now and has a good relationship with everyone there, but always seemed to struggle with Kinger. He was the... less sane one out of the bunch, considering how he's older and alzheimers already caught up with the poor guy. But, today, they decided to try to strike a conversation with him.

(I DONT KNOW IF HE CAN READ OR NOT IT'S JUST A HEADCANNON OF MINE)

.....................................................

[Y/N] stepped off the stage after they finished talking to some of the circus members, before noticing the pillow fort out int he middle of the room. This made [Y/N] smile, seeing as how the man inside wanted to be close to everyone else while also being in his own little bubble. They decided to walk close to the fort, holding an item behind their back.

Although [Y/N] wasn't close to Kinger and usually never talked to him (except for brief interactions, which leads to him shrieking when the memory wipe hits him randomly), they wanted to gift him with something and hoped to get closer with him. Or at least get on good terms with him. So, they got him a book about cool bug facts with the help of Caine! [Y/N] knew about how much Kinger enjoyed insects, the test though was if Kinger even remembered how to read.

They stood at the door of the fort and went to knock on the pillow door, only for Kinger to throw open the door and look up at [Y/N], then scream, then sigh in relief.

"Oh, it's just you! Sorry [Y/N]," Kinger's eyes darted side to side, scanning the room past [Y/N]'s legs.

"Ah.. it's quite alright." Despite feeling like their soul ascended, they relaxed quickly after and gave him a soft smile. "Can I come in?"

"Oh- uh- uhm.. a guest! Of course! Come in!" He said in excitement, sliding back into his little fort and making room for [Y/N]. "Apologies for the.. tightness. I, uh, I only have it big enough for me."

[Y/N] got onto their knees and crawled into the little fort, pushing he book under a blanket inside the fort to prevent Kinger from seeing it. They closed the fort door and waved a hand to Kinger, giving him a warm smile.

"I don't mind.. it's not a problem to me!" Oh but they felt awkward, since they were sitting with their shoulders touching. Especially when this is their first interaction after a long while.

They sat there in silence, before their head slowly turned to each other. To which, Kinger stared with wide eyes before letting out a loud yelp and shaking.

"AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!" He blinked, jolting a little before sighing. "Oh, sorry [Y/N]. You startled me..."

[Y/N] stared with wide eyes, frozen in place at the random outburst before relaxing. They patted his shoulder, despite him flinching a little at this. They didn't know on what to really say, until a reminder popped into their head.

"I have a gift for you." [Y/N] announced, looking away then back. "Close your eyes."

Kinger covered his giant eyeballs with his hands after closing them and waited for the gift, assuming he was excited from his body vibrating. [Y/N] reached under the blanket and pulled out the big book, holding it tightly get steadily in their hands as they kept it held out for Kinger.