Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Yi Ze had never imagined that the fragile woman he had thought Ella was would turn out to be the one to ultimately save him.

Yi Ze gazed at the top of Ella's head in silence for a long time.

It was only when Ella suddenly woke up, her head shooting up, that she fully regained her senses. She exclaimed, "Ah, Yi Ze!" and saw him, locking eyes with her.

"Yi Ze, you're awake!" Ella joyfully jumped up from the bedside, leaning over to touch Yi Ze's forehead. "You have a slight fever. The medicine was too potent for you, causing an adverse reaction."

She examined Yi Ze and continued, "Try to speak. Your vocal cords were damaged but repaired. It will take some time to fully recover."

Yi Ze made an effort and managed to produce a hoarse "Ahh," but it was still painful and raspy.

"Good, it seems you can speak. Try not to talk too much. You need some rest," Ella breathed a sigh of relief. "Your injuries aren't severe anymore; they've been treated. However, you need some time to recover from the major injuries."

Yi Ze observed Ella silently. It was the first time this girl had spoken so much in his presence, maintaining direct eye contact without any evasion. Her eyes met his, and he looked at her with a deeper gaze.

A band-aid was affixed to Ella's left ear, where her earring had torn it. A matching earring, the same design, was now on her other ear. Yi Ze's gaze lingered on that earring for a moment.

After Ella finished speaking, there was a moment of silence, and then both of them spoke at the same time.

"Thank you," Yi Ze managed to say with a strained voice.

"I'm sorry," Ella said.

Yi Ze looked at Ella with confusion.

Ella carefully reached out and took Yi Ze's hand, which was resting outside the blanket. Seeing that Yi Ze didn't react negatively, she cherished the touch and held his hand.

"It's my fault for arriving late. I'm sorry. If I had found you sooner, you wouldn't have had to endure so much pain," Ella's head drooped as she spoke.

Yi Ze proactively squeezed Ella's hand as a gesture of comfort.

Ella's eyes welled up slightly. "I'm sorry for leaving you behind."

With that, Ella got up and hurriedly left the room.

Yi Ze's gaze followed Ella's figure as she left the room. With Ella's departure, the scent of her pheromones, which belonged in this room, gradually faded, leaving Yi Ze with a sense of longing.

He was now yearning for Ella's pheromones, even bordering on dependency.

Ella stood in the corridor, opened a window, and lit a cigarette.

Nokes approached from the side and observed Ella's expression. "Are you that concerned?"

Ella exhaled a puff of smoke. "Once you have your own Omega, you'll know what it feels like."

"Oh? Tell me about it."

"It's like wishing all the pain and suffering could transfer to yourself, even double it," Ella took a deep drag and sighed. "But unfortunately, it can't."

Nokes shrugged. "I probably won't find an Omega in this lifetime. Spare me the bragging."

Ella, after expelling the last puff of smoke, said, "Enough chit-chat. Get me an air purifier; I smell like smoke."

Nokes dragged Ella into another room and positioned a powerful air cooler to blow directly at her, making her feel like her face was about to be blown off.