The bearded man had just finished coughing when he looked around and saw a room full of defeated men.

Ella gave the bearded man a glance but didn't pay him any more attention. She turned and entered the adjacent operating room.

Yize was lying on the medical bed, drenched in sweat, struggling to breathe rapidly. The excruciating pain was making him feel disoriented, and he saw a white blur in front of his eyes. It felt as though thousands of ants were tearing through his glands. But his military discipline and training made him exceptionally resilient. He clenched his teeth, striving to stay conscious, and he heard the sounds of a nearby fight.

Yize barely managed to turn his head, catching a blurry view of the slender man and a woman engaged in a fierce battle.

It was evident that both sides were fighting ruthlessly, with each move being lethal. The woman displayed remarkable agility, with extraordinary flexibility and easily evading many deadly strikes from her opponent.

Shapi, who had fought hard to reach his current position, had always possessed formidable combat skills. Today, he finally met a worthy opponent, and it awakened his sense of pride and valor.

Ella also realized that her opponent was no ordinary fighter, and she became even more cautious. She had confirmed that Yize lay on the medical bed and, luckily, he was still alive.

As long as he's alive, she would ensure he got out of here.

Ella launched a flying kick, landing it on Shapi. However, Shapi retaliated by knocking over a nearby metal shelf before falling to the ground. Ella swiftly sidestepped to dodge the metal shelf, which grazed her ear and caused a painful cut. Her earring was knocked off, and blood began to trickle from her ear.

Realizing her injury, Ella thought, "This is bad."

Shapi, now on the ground, stared at Ella in silence and showed a complicated expression. Ella also stopped her aggressive stance.

Shapi stood up and signaled for the doctor who had been hiding in the corner to leave, which the doctor quickly did.

Shapi kept his eyes fixed on Ella for a moment before suddenly performing a deep bow, a gesture Ella immediately understood.

Ella returned the bow to him.

"Is he your person?" Shapi asked in a raspy voice.

"Yes, he's my Omega. I'm here to take him home," Ella replied.

Shapi nodded and cleared his throat. "I apologize for the offense."

Ella didn't say anything more.

Shapi performed one more bow and, before leaving, said, "If you ever need help, don't hesitate to reach out."

Ella nodded and responded, "Take care."

Ella hurriedly turned her attention to Yize, who was wrapped in bandages from head to toe.

Yize's face was pale, and he was running a high fever, trembling slightly as if he had been pulled out of water. His soft hair clung to his forehead, soaked with sweat, making him look incredibly fragile.

Seeing Yize in this condition, Ella felt like her heart was being squeezed, causing unbearable pain.

"Yize, I'm here. Don't be afraid. I've come to take you home," Ella murmured softly by his ear. "I'm here, don't be afraid."

Yize, still tormented by the intense pain in his glands, slowly focused his eyes on the woman in front of him. It was Ella, and the sight of her brought a sense of clarity and relief to his agony. Ella was here to rescue him.

He attempted to speak, but his voice didn't come out. Ella watched the effort, and it only made her more anxious to see him in such pain.

Seeing Yize's lips moving, Ella realized he was trying to communicate, but the pain was unbearable.

Ella stared at Yize's body, covered in injuries, and was unsure where to start. It was evident that he was in intense pain. Suddenly, a potent scent of Omega pheromones filled the air, finally snapping Ella back to her senses. Yes, they bought cleaning agents - it was the glands!

Ella carefully turned Yize over and saw the horrendous swelling of his glands. There was a conspicuous needle puncture on the gland, and it was still seeping blood. Ella's mind buzzed with anger, regretting not dragging Shapi back earlier to teach him a lesson for what he did to Yize's delicate Omega glands, the most sensitive and vulnerable part of his body.

Alphas, aside from their strong desire to claim their Omegas, also possess a powerful protective instinct. Seeing Yize in such agony made Ella's heart ache. She wished she could take all of Yize's pain upon herself.

Ella fought to control her emotions, which were on the verge of exploding. She examined Yize's swollen glands and realized that, given their current condition, the intense surge of uncontrolled Omega pheromones would make it impossible for Yize to move freely in this Alpha-dominated galaxy.

Ella leaned in closer to Yize's gland and attempted a soothing kiss. When her lips touched the swollen gland, Yize's body shuddered violently within her arms.

She exhaled slowly and let her own pheromones envelop Yize. She knew that as an Omega, being surrounded by her Alpha's scent would make him feel safe and provide some relief from the pain he was experiencing.

With a heavy heart, Ella decided to proceed with the only solution she had. She used her teeth to puncture the swollen gland, injecting her own pheromones into it, effectively giving Yize a temporary mark.

Yize shivered, feeling the familiar and beloved scent of his Alpha's pheromones being infused into his glands once more. It temporarily alleviated the pain caused by the cleansing agent, like a person about to freeze to death suddenly basking in warm sunlight. Gradually, Yize relaxed and fell into a deep sleep.

***

Yize woke up again in a soft, comfortable bed. His injuries had healed considerably, and he recognized the familiar scent of medication in the air. As a seasoned soldier, this was a smell he was very accustomed to, lingering for days after every injury on the battlefield.

Turning his head, he spotted someone sleeping next to the bed. Though he could only see the top of her head, he knew it was Ella.

Memories flooded Yize's mind. That day, Ella had saved him.

Ella...

A complex mix of emotions surged within Yize. It was only now that he truly understood he had misjudged her. The information he had gathered about her had failed to reveal the real truth.

At this moment, he was filled with gratitude that Ella hadn't intended him any harm and had come to his rescue.