Six: The Hot For Jake Carter

This Summer

This Summer...

This is the last place I want to be. Sitting at a table right across from the boy who told me he loved me too. I sat between Conrad and Rory. The only two people who know what I'm really going through. The dinner Susannah had prepared was beautiful. Lobster, corn, and miyeok-guk which Laurel made for Cam. Belly friend from back home Taylor. This was my first time ever meeting her. Dinner was going great. Everyone was making conversation and laughing until Jeremiah to interrogate Cam.

"Why don't you eat meat Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah tone was very condescending as if he really didn't care about his answer. I knew the answer. This boy has been a vegetarian since I've met him. "Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming,"

"And I just like animals."

Taylor made a joke about him not coming for his leather jacket which then turned to Steven saying it was "pleather." We all laugh and then Jeremiah brings it back to him. "You know Belly actually eats meat. So, you let her kiss you with those lips." I started to feel awkward. If i didn't want to be here before, I definitely didn't want to be here now. It was as if time was in slow motion. I mean everything was literally happening right in front me.

"I don't mind at all. In fact."

I watch him reach over to her and kiss her on the lips. I noticed Conrad looked away, I guess I wasn't paying attention to where my arm was going because I knocked off my cup of water. "Shit." I whispered to myself. Everyone's eyes were on me as my chair let out a screeching sound from the floor. "Oh, it's okay Gwen." I hear Susannah say. I shake my head and grab some napkins but it wasn't enough. "I'll clean it. Go use the bathroom." Conrad tells me. His blue eyes looked so pained.

I can we were both hurting for the same reason. I excused myself and walked to the bathroom down stairs. My denim shorts were dark with big wet spot in my lap. I stare at myself in the mirror before breaking down. It wasn't even a full on kiss why am I losing my mind? I'm a total mess. I can hear the distant chatter going between everyone and then a knock.

"Gwen, you okay?" Conrad.

I quickly wipe my eyes and open the door. Conrad and Rory were there. "Yea. Fine." I gave them a small smile. Conrad gently pats my shoulder and Rory gives me a sympathetic smile.

"Maybe we should go to Nicole's party." I hear Belly say. I didn't know she wasn't gonna be there. I made eye contact with Cam as I entered the dinning room. "Okay, Gwen and I will meet you guys there." Rory announces. We say bye to everyone and we walk to Rory's car.

"You okay Gwen?"

I let out a quiet sigh and nod. I think a party will help me get over what the hell happened yesterday and at dinner. Jake Carter should be there and now my focus is gonna to be him and getting him as my escort. Practice is coming up so I need a partner. When we get home, I made way upstairs. I touched up my make up first which meant adding a bit more concealer, blush, lip gloss, and mascara. I changed out of my damp shorts and grabbed a white dress I bought a specifically for this trip. The dress hugged my figure nice and it was backless. Almost casual but a bit dressy.