06. ACROSS THE DEVIL!

Start from the beginning

I raise an eyebrow. "Well that is true." I clear my throat. Although my dad is half Albanian which makes me half Albanian as well or half of the half? Anyways I don't know much stuff about my hometown.

We came here when I was just about three years old. But I'm learning.
I want to learn more about my ancestors language and traditions.

"But I just-"

"Okay stop. You made me a nerd as well with all this talk that I forgot what I wanted to say." He rolls his eyes and looks away.

"A nerd?"

"Well you can be much of a nerd sometimes, that I know. A nerd you know, a person that is all about books? A teacher's pet? An uncool person? A person that no one should stay with?" He shrugs.

"Wait wait wait, since when is it uncool to be smart?" I scoff in disbelief. "And why should you stay away from nerds huh?"

"To not catch anything from them. Any disease." He says like it's funny and chuckles.

"You mean intelligence?" I smirk a little and roll my eyes. "No worries you won't catch such thing from "nerds".  I lock my locker and walk away from him leaving him with a slight irritation and in defeat.

This man can be very much of a grump and no wonder I never talked to him.

"Just so you know, I wanted you to tell your brother to come to the game tonight!" He shouts at me and I raise my hand up waving him away without facing him.

I get out of the school as I walk down the street.

"Wrenlee?" I turn my head to see who shouted my name and see Amy approach me. Shit I forgot she has a crush on Connor, she might threaten me or something now.

"Uhm yes? Can I help you?" She gets in front of me and I'm just confused now.

Two most popular kids talking to me today.

Did I drink the potion of "How to attract the brats towards me" or something?

"You must be Eric's sister?" I nod. "Listen I don't care that you have a hot brother who's friends with Connor, do me a favor and don't talk to Connor again!"

"Uhm I don't look forward to do so anyway?" I raise an eyebrow as I chuckle a little in disbelief. I saw this coming.

"He took a bet into talking with you so that he could see how easy you are. And you're as young as I am so do me a favor and stay away from him."

"Wait what?"

"Yes, idiot. I don't want a girl to be heartbroken because of a stupid kid. I mean I can be a little cold hearted but hey I would never want a girl to be embarrassed like that, even the nerds." She shrugs her arms and sighs.

I'm so confused now. I thought she would burst her anger on me for talking to her crush but she is warning me?

Maybe some of these popular kids aren't brats after all.

I smile at her as I extend my hand. "I'm Blair and thank you for warning me."

"Amy. And you're welcome bee." She shakes my hand with a smile as well.