I closed the door of my locker, and Mathias and I started to walk towards the parking lot.

Robin and Ava had already left because they were in a rush to get some free samples from some coffee shop. Lottie had had a free period, so she had already gone home, and Elliot was waiting in the car because apparently, we were taking forever. So, it was just me and Mathias.

"Hey, about this morning..." I started after a moment when we left the school building. "I'm sorry about my brother, you know when he stole your car key and was being a shithead."

"It's fine."

"He's just a little overprotective, or something..." I shrugged. "It's not personal."

"I think that it's personal too." Mathias commented. "Your brother isn't exactly the biggest fan of me, like I'm not his biggest fan."

"Well, I still want to apologize..." I gave him a look. "He was acting like bitch with no reason."

He smiled.
"Not that it's your place to apologize for his actions, but thanks."

When we got to the car, I opened the back door, making the sleeping Elliot jump up from his seat. He was sitting in the front, and it seemed to be a comfortable position because he had fallen asleep on it in like five minutes. I think that his motto of life was to sleep anywhere you can anytime you can, because that teenager had fallen asleep in every class and during every break of the day.

"You dying or something?" Mathias questioned from his cousin when he sat down behind the wheel.

"Huh?" Elliot yawned. "I'm not dying."

"Then why have you been sleeping the whole day?"

"Because I'm tired." He answered, closing his eyes. "I have gotten a fresh two hour sleep last night, because of my flight."

"Right." Mathias nodded before turning the engine on. "Buckle up kids."

I chuckled, putting my seatbelt on. At the exact moment when the click of a seatbelt was able to be heard, Mathias pressed the gas pedal. Elliot bumped his head against the window because of the sudden speed and cursed.
"Why do you have to be such a speedy old man?"

"Why do you have to be such a complaining grandma?" Mathias rolled his eyes. "Now pass me a cig, will you?"

Elliot opened the glove compartment and grabbed the pack of cigarettes, but instead of passing them to his cousin's waiting hand, he rolled down his side's window and threw the whole, almost full, pack of cigarettes in the air, all the smokes spreading on the road.
"What the fuck!"

"You shouldn't smoke." Elliot shrugged, rolling the window back up. "Just helping you."

"It was a full pack!" Mathias snapped.

"And..."

"You are somehow getting me a new pack you ass!" He shouted, turning his angry gaze towards Elliot. "What is your problem?!"

"Nicotine!" Elliot shouted with the same energy. "You dick!"

"Why are you yelling!"

"Because you are yelling!"

"I'm not!"

"You are!"

"I'm not!"

"Can we go to the McDonald's, I'm fucking starving!?"

"Sure." Mathias answered to Elliot finally speaking with a normal voice. "I'm starving too."

"Great."