36; A Mosaic Of Healing.

Start from the beginning

She wanted answers, answers directly from Aahil.

When he didn't reply her, she blew out an exasperated breath, shaking her head in annoyance before she flicked her gaze to meet his again. "-I'm sorry to say this, but in case you didn't know, Dean idolizes you. From the very minute I was with him in Jeju all he did was give excuses to justify your behavior, for a moment I wondered if you even deserved such care from him." She paused to take in a deep breath, so her words don't sound so bitter.

She doesn't intend to antagonize him like that. Heck, she had no intention of having that conversation but things took a turn South.

She had feelings for Dean, or more like had a crush on him. But aside from that, she adores Dean. She doesn't fancy him anymore as a man, she came to realize over the past few weeks that it was a fleeting crush type of thing.

Aahil though was different. The feelings she's trying to hide regarding him are different. They are stronger, a force to be reckoned with.

But, if it comes to choosing between the two, she wouldn't choose either. Because she knows they both need to get their shit together-Aahil needs to get himself together. He may not realize it, but he's a mess. And if she needs to drill that knowledge into him, so be it.

A few, tense seconds passed before she clicked her tongue, and met his gaze with her exasperated ones. "-I don't know what happened, I admit. I can't say he's in the right either, because I don't know the full story. But, from what I know, whatever he did has to be because he cares for you, a lot. You shouldn't make the mistake of losing him, and that care he has for you, no matter what happened."

Her silence that followed, coupled with the relentless glare showed she was done, that she no longer had much she wanted to utter. She just wanted to say things that will stick in his mind, and it did.

He knew it before, and it's been playing in his mind but her words were a wakeup call.

He looked down for a brief second, exhaling before he lifted his head to meet her gaze again. "You're right. It is my fault." He admitted, much to her surprise. His eyes held every ounce of seriousness, showing he wasn't kidding with her.

She blinked, taken aback by the sudden embrace of the truth. "What?"

"You're right." He repeated, his shoulders slumping as he blew out a loud breath. "It's my fault we had an argument. I had been dismissing his care, and I was the one who kept something important from him. He was right to be upset like that." Even for a second, he hadn't blamed Dean.

He knew to accept his mistakes. Yes, he was yet to fix it but he knew. He was just giving Dean the space he needed because he had a lot to handle as well. It must've been difficult for him to accept everything.

Amina's brows drew in, confusion marring her features. "You hid something from him?" That was all she could grasp. What could Aahil possibly hide from Dean to hurt him like that?

Yet again, Aahil found himself sighing. Turning around, he took a step closer to the rail and dropped his arms on it, staring ahead at the beautiful sight of Seoul from the Tower. It's a long story, one that isn't particularly fond of sharing but for her, he will. There's a lot he wanted to tell her anyway. That should be the time for her to know everything behind Aahil Bello Tafida.

"You spoke to Amma, didn't you? She told you my dad is too busy working to be around?" He turned around to look at her, just in time she nodded. He took that as his sign to continue. He set his gaze ahead again, then commenced. "He is busy, just with another family rather than work." He stated, his voice bare of emotions.

At this point, it doesn't even hurt him, not that it did in the beginning. Besides, since he'd seen the situation of Aadil-his cousin's father's case, he doubts there's a case that would hurt him as much or even surprise him.