You sniffled before trying to continue.

"H-he a-asks a-about y-you sometimes"

You thought you can't sound any more vulnerable by the last words you spoke to him, but were proven wrong.

You didn't knew why you said that

Maybe begging him to come back

Taehyung on the other hand looked away as his exhausted eyes which looked it ran out of tears a while ago glistened with fine tears threatening to fall anytime soon.

You turned to look up at him and when he looked down at you, he felt his heart clench looking longer right into your orbs behind the tears.

He pulled you closer with the hand on the back of your neck, before resting his lips on your forehead.

"I'm sorry"

He said and it came out in whispers.

He knew the wound he gave you can't be treated with a bandage and he knew his apology was same as the small bandage to your deep cut.

He wanted to ask you a lot of questions about his son, which sounded little foreign.

But he held himself back.

Wishing for you to continue.

While you went back to the moment when you held your son for the very first time, it flashed before your eyes. And for the first  time in all these years, today, you felt you did wanted him around, you really wished he was around in all those time when you pretended to be enough.

Maybe

It would've been all different then.

You felt jealous over your own mind which played all the 'what-ifs' in a series.

You looked at your side before holding the water bottle and gulping down the water to stay composed now.

You wiped your nose lightly with your sleeves before sniffling.

"H-he's a g-good kid, the best I could a-ask for" you said now stabling yourself and he listened to each of your words carefully, scared to miss a single one of them.

"H-he never a-asks for anything and never w-whines"

When he listened to you, he realized how long you've came and changed. You sounded different to him.

Different from the girl he met in his early 20s for the first time, under a tree right before a restaurant and struck his gaze with.

it was like the star crossed and the love at first sight.

The fine sunny days with no worries.

She looked fragile but coming back to now You looked different.

He felt it now.

You were the same girl he met under the shadow of the bright sun, but different at the same time.

"He...never burdens anyone" you said lost in your thought.

Taehyung looked away before parting his lips to say something, but as if something was holding him back, it didn't came out until he again tried.

"W-where i-is h-...h-he now?"

He managed to pull these words out from the lump that pulled it down.

With the hope reflecting in his eyes, little afraid he won't get the answer.

You looked at him with glistening eyes, before again pulling your gaze to yourself.

"I-in Tokyo" you answered before pausing then continuing.

You looked at him then again diverted your gaze.

"Yeonjoon visits him on weekends, h-he lives near the Church monastery , a-and e-everyone l-oves him there"

You said as another tear slipped down your eyes but you wiped it right away.

You didn't knew what he must be thinking about what you told him just now, but you weren't able to connect your gaze with his.

But then you felt him pulling you closer and planting another kiss on your forehead.

It must be...hard for her

You looked up at him and saw his eyes had a hint of pride in them.

Was it for you?

You questioned yourself.

After that you both sat in silence before you again looked up at him while he brought his gaze down on you.

You looked at his eyes and then down at his lips before looking away.

You didn't realized the atmosphere went lighter until you both heard a knock on the door.

Taehyung looked at the table clock.

"I'll check" He said, before getting up from the couch and walking towards the door to see, who's it.

You waited sitting there till he arrived with a paper bag resting on his hand.

"It's your breakfast" He said clearing his throat and arranging the table near the hospital bed, before walking towards you.

He held your hand and you stood up before walking towards the bed and settling down.

You can still feel the lightness in your head making you dizzy but anyways sat on the bed.

I promise

It'll be different

Everything

The male looked at you still amazed at how wonderful you are and how far you've come.

While you were now feeling little satisfaction in the smaller part of yourself.

And quite happy

Thinking about everything to turn normal.

But yet

There's never been a fairy tale without ups and downs.

An:

Idk how I wrote this one...maybe writing it in the mid night tugged in warm blanket with headphones 🐻 🍯was kinda worth it (lol).

Yeah, I skipped my gaming hours 🕳👩‍🦯

-ily.