𝐍𝐄𝐘𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐈 & 𝐉𝐀𝐊𝐄

Start from the beginning

Her children were in trouble again. Flying through the skies like she did back at home she killed each sky person and dream walker that blocked her way. With the bow her father gave her, Neytiri cherished it. It was the last thing her father had given her before he made his travels with Eywa. He protected the people with his bow now Neytiri does the same. The battle wasn't so tough for Neytiri she knew exactly what to do. The tough part of this battle was the call Jake made. That their son was gravely injured. Her mind was blank her ikran found a way where Jake and her other son, Lo'ak, were holding Neteyam. Kneeling before her son she looked at his injury and then at his face, his breath was frantic and his eyes wide. He was afraid. Neytiri wanted to comfort him like she used to when he was a little boy. His frantic breaths soon faded and he grew limp. Neytiri thought that he was fine now, that the pain faded. But, no. Neytiri noticed the loss of life in his eyes, her son was gone. Neytiri was in denial, her son couldn't be gone. The Great Mother must be playing a cruel trick, this can't be.

She held her son, searching for his warmth while he slowly grew cold. Hands tried pulling her away from her son, 'No! Go away!' Was all that she begged. Sobs wracked her body, and the hands of her mate caressed her face, trying his best to comfort her. Finally gazing into his eyes, she saw his pain. The way his hands shook reminded her to have a 'Strong Heart.' Sadness quickly formed into rage. This cannot go any longer, she will not allow the sky people to take anything else from her. Her children needed her. Landing on that boat the only thing on Neytiri's mind was avenging her son. Killing anyone that was at fault. Then her bow, looking at the broken bow her rage slowly diminished. Her father's bow was gone but her son was gone too. Something she created with all of her love. Now her daughter was at the knife of the man who ruined her life. It was only fair to grab his son, the burden that he created. Holding her knife to his neck, she was holding everything in so as not to kill him. But Quaritch was still a father, he couldn't bear to lose his son too. Letting go of Spider, she grabbed ahold of her daughters. Their pleas went from one ear out the other, her rage still lived on.

Now Neytiri was afraid, she had always been afraid. Stuck under the boat with her youngest was her biggest fear. Tuk shouldn't be going through this, she was far too young to be experiencing moments like these. 'Mama, I'm scared.' When her daughter spoke Neytiri couldn't help but sob. She can't stay strong for long but her daughter will only feel safe if she stays strong. Seeing the fish that lit up the area her fear went away again, and her daughter came to save her again. Seeing her family alive and safe she thanked the Great Mother.

A child's funeral was the hardest for a mother. Their children should be the ones burying their mother, not the mothers burying their children. Neytiri was exhausted. She lost so much then gained so much only to lose again. Neytiri will no longer hear her son laugh, see her son smile, and experience much more with him. Neteyam was truly gone and nothing would bring him back. Watching Neteyam get engulfed by the yellow tendrils she felt relieved now he was forever safe in Eywa's hands. But he should've been safe with her. Losing him was a gift and a curse.