*My*Darkest*Embrace* {1}

Chapter 1

                                                        Bella's POV

        Darkness. Nothing but darkness and cold, chilly air surrounded me; smothering me in an uncomfortable grasp. I couldn't feel my own legs after a while because they had gone numb; making me feel helpless and vulnerable. Nothing could compare to the fear I felt at this point.

I tried swallowing, but my tongue felt like sandpaper in my mouth. It left a dry, bitter taste. I grimaced in disgust. My hands had also gone numb just like my legs had. Of course they would go numb, since both were bound in a painful chain behind my back. Squirming and trying to find a more comfortable position resulted in excruciating pain. I would have to live with it.

My heart thudded painfully in my chest. I could only imagine what sick and twisted thoughts formed in their minds as they listened closely to the rushing stream of my blood pumping through my veins. I shuddered in revulsion.

I sighed gently and closed my eyes, trying to block out everything around me. Thinking back on my life before...this happened. I had a happy life. One filled with the love of family and friends. A life so filled with hope and joy. Like nothing could bring me down. I had a loving family of five. My parents Georgia and Phillip and my two twin siblings, Cameron and Carter. My two older brothers who loved me dearly and were always so protective of me whenever I went on a date with someone.

I smiled at a memory that flashed through my mind. I always thought of this memory when I felt so desolate and afraid at times. Right now, I could use the memory.

*Flashback*

"Cameron, please, don't embarrass me again." I whined pitifully. My stupid, goofy older brother ruffled my hair slightly and rolled his eyes; fake gasping in horror.

"Me? I would never." He turned to look at Carter who smiled at me mischievously.

"Just trust us, Bells. We know what we're doing. We're just two very responsible, older brothers caring for their little sister by telling her date that we'll saw him in half if he breaks your little heart." He said nonchalantly. I stared at him incredulously.

"And that's not embarrassing?" They both shrugged in unison and gently pushed me aside, ready to open the door and face my date.

They both looked at each other, their sparkling green eyes mirroring one another and turned towards the door, a devilish grin on each of their faces. I groaned inwardly and put a hand over my face. They were so annoying and embarrassing.

Cameron opened the door to reveal my date, Derick Byron, who's lips formed into a genuine smile as he came face to face with my brothers.

"Hi, I'm Derick. It's nice to meet you. I'm here to pick up Isabella. " He said politely while holding out his hand for them to shake. The twins shared a brief glance towards each other and Carter folded his arms before leaning against the doorframe casually.

"Hm. Seems polite enough--"

"--but is he kind enough?" Cameron finished for him. I sighed impatiently. They were so wierd when they did that freaky talking thing. Like they knew exactly what the other was thinking before he even said it.

"Yeah. So Derick, are you kind enough to take care of our little sister here?" Carter said, using his deep and scary threatening voice he'd used so much before on other dates. I smiled apologetically at Derick who glanced at me quickly before looking back at Dumb and Dumber.