Path of Destruction || Oath of Destruction

Y/N POV
In a distant past...

"Please miss!" A man fell to his knees in front of you with his hands together as his voice was desperate. "I-I can't sleep without bouts of nightmares. It feels like I'm losing myself more and more each day." He was scared, you knew that much.

You wore regal (f/c) clothes. A veil covered your face which you parted as you looked at the pitiful man before you. Most would think after seeing this sight so often, you would've grown numb to it. But no, the compassion in your heart always pulled you towards the other person.

As you approached him, you sat on your knees. "Lift your head, child."

The man would look up with a fearful and almost broken expression. One you've seen many times. Throughout your life, you recall flashes of the same terrified faces once they are close to being overcome with mara. This man had too many memories overwhelming his very being and his soul.

"Let me look at you," you held your hand out as he would reach for it, slightly shaking. It wasn't uncommon for this to happen. You were aware with your current status as the only healer to be able to clear mara, many would know you and be in awe of you. Even so, you never expected your popularity to rise this high.

As his hand was in yours, you'd close your eyes and breathe deeply. Whispers could be heard from the onlooking spectators, as your white horns and tail began to glow. Inside his body, the mara was flaring up. It would be too late for him to be taken to the Waterscape. It took a lot of your energy, but you dispelled the mara inside his body.

It was clear to him he felt completely different once you did that. His eyes opened and widened in surprise. Your horns stopped glowing as your tail disappeared too. You felt tired, but your eyes opened to the freed man. As you smiled warmly, you said, "Please do cherish what you can remember as you make your way to the Waterscape... someone there will help guide you where you need to go."

The memory began to fade, from a time before the Luofu, before the High Cloud Quintet. In a time where Yaoshi was still alive... and you her better half-

________

You jerked awake as you gasped for air. Another memory? This one felt more distant than the ones you've had before.

"Are you alright?" You heard that familiar deep voice speak to you. It was no surprise when your heart skipped a beat.

With a slight blush, your (e/c) eyes met with his. But a soft smile formed on your lips, "I should be asking you that, shouldn't I?"

There was a slightly sinister smile which played at his lips. One that seemed a little playful. Although Blade didn't keep the smile up for long, "I'm fine." He replied curtly. "You passed out after you cleared out the Mara inside of me. Let me ask again, are you alright?" He looked more serious this time. It made you wonder just how worried you might've made him.

"I'm feeling okay now," you gave a reassuring smile as you sat up. "Aren't I supposed to be meeting with Elio?" You asked with slight concern. Hopefully you didn't miss the allotted time they had to speak with you.

Blade's expression softened once you reassured him you were fine, before it went back to his default stoic expression. "Yes, the others are setting up the meeting room as we speak."