Chapter 45 - Confessions! The Drunken Date

Start from the beginning

       "Nathalie... Daniel's mother was my best friend since we were in pre-school. We did everything together and would always cheer up an unhappy mood." She laughed as she recalled the crazy things they did. "When she got pregnant with Daniel, she told me that it'd be great if our kids would eventually meet and be great friends like us too." She paused for a while.

       "To tell you the truth, we thought that it'd be wonderful if our kids would hook up and get married. We swore that we'd do anything for our children just to fall for each other, even though we weren't even sure about the genders. It's really childish and unreasonable but... We thought that... That way, we'd be closer than ever..."

     Kristina silently chortled. No wonder she was her mother. She thought it might have been great if she actually met her Aunt Nathalie too. No doubt it'd be really fun. Lizzy continued as nostalgia filled the atmosphere.

       "But after she died during labour, I decided to keep that silly promise on my own. Honey, I'm sorry to force you into this. It was selfish of me. If you don't want that arrangement Nathalie and I immaturely proposed, then we'll call it off."

     Lizzy met her daughter's eyes and smiled. She was serious about this. Kristina returned the smile and nodded her head. "I'll think about it. Thanks mom."

     Her mother kissed her forehead before going out of the room. She said she had to wash Jacob's stinky socks again. Kristina just laughed at her mother's unusual humour.

     After a while. She began to feel bored with just staring into space in her room. She crawled down her bed and took a small gift box from her desk. She opened it and admired the wide-screened gadget. She pressed the circular button and unlocked the screen. She explored the contents and games of that iPhone just as Daniel had taught her to.

     She sighed after putting the phone down. Daniel.

     Just a few months ago, she was Kristina, the demon-president, black Tina, the Spartan-pres. But after he came along, she became Poopy, the easily flustered girl that unexpectedly made cute expressions every time people teased her to Daniel, or every time Daniel teased her.

     Her thoughts were startled when the phone vibrated. She pressed the button and a name flashed on the screen. She snorted when she read them out loud.

       "Sir Peanut Butter."

     How proud was he with that nickname? He even saved his own number in that phone using that silly nickname. She tapped the screen and opened the message Daniel sent her.

|Poopy, what are you doing?|

     Unsurely, she tapped at various buttons, hoping to find the reply button. She was really stupid when it came to gadgets. After a few attempts, she finally found it and replied.

|Nothing.|

     Ten seconds after she pressed send, she was surprised when it vibrated again.

|Can I come over?|

     She felt her cheeks rise in color. She couldn't face him right now! Not with her appearance like this and her room a big mess. She replied.

|NO!!!|

|I'm coming over in ten. :P|

     She got confused with that reply. Ten? She checked her clock; it was already a quarter to twelve! Maybe he meant ten in the evening? No, no. That's impossible. Before she could type in a reply, her phone vibrated again.