✖︎☁️- Caine x Reader (1) -☁️✖︎

he's so silly

story background:

[Y/N]'s been apart of the digital world for a few years now (about 4 years) and have recently staretd distancing themself from others, which was unlikely of them. Caine and the others noticed how they didn't appear at rehearsal today or come out their room, despite the member's pleas, so Caine decided he'd be the one who checked up on them.

(takes place when Caine is on his way to [Y/N]'s room)

apologies if his js choppy, I havent written in a monh

...........................................................

     The bright hallways made everything seem like a normal day, but it wasn't. Nobody in the circus had heard from [Y/N] and when people had come to check up on them, they shoo-ed them away. So, Caine decided to take his chances as the boss and check up on [Y/N] before they started their actual performance.
     He'd float down the hall slowly till he stopped at a familiar door and, using his booming and loud announcer voice, called out to [Y/N].

     "OOOOOH [Y/N]! Are You There?!" He tapped the back of his knuckles on the brown, wooden door. Just a few inches below the photo hung up of [Y/N]'s face. But... he got no response.

   Caine hummed and thought for a moment, before sighing.
     "Fine, if you're not gonna let me in, I'll force myself in!"

     He'd form a large, golden key into his hand that spun around a little before he grabbed it. Leaning down a little, Caine unlocked the door and pushed it open, making the door swing open harshly and smack against the wide wall. But, he froze when he saw the sight.

     The bedroom was dim and dark, and the walls had red marker and crayons marked across the words that said "no exit" over and over again. Some of the pictures on the wall and different objects and ornaments were k locked on the floor and trashed everywhere. It was a familiar yet frightening sight.
Caine stared at the sight with wide eyes, but he was quick to notice [Y/N] in the middle of the floor, holding themself in a tight ball. But, before he could approach the human, he noticed how their body seemed to be glitching out, deciding to stay back and watch.
     [Y/N] was motionless, besides the glitches across their body that made them look like they were moving. Yet, they made quiet groaning noises that sounded.. monstrous.

     Yet, Caine had to act quick. He didn't want to loose another player, even if another one will appear later on. So, he cleared his throat and spoke up.

     "Uhm.. [Y/N]?" He spoke, his voice slightly quieter.
     [Y/N]'s head snapped to look at Caine, with cartoony tears in their eyes. Before he count say anything else, a quiet choked groan came from [Y/N], as well as a sob.

     "..h.." Suddenly, they tried to say something, but it was hard to with their distorted voice. "h..ep..eh.."

     Caine stared at [Y/N] in confusion, until it clicked into his mind when they tried to crawl closer to them. His felt like he should be afraid, but he kept strong and got closer. [Y/N] was on the verge of abstracting, and they were wanting Caine to stop it.
     He'd step closer to the human on the floor, but kept a distance and gestured for [Y/N] to do the same. There was a silence as Caine stared down at [Y/N], tapping his fingers against the side of his thigh as he tried of thinking of something to say. Although he was a AI and was programmed to be smart, he wasn't really programmed for something so... serious. Usually, he'd just snap his fingers and things would go back to normal, but that was after the transformation. He didn't want to toss [Y/N] away when there was still potential.
     Using what he knows and observed from the humans in the digitalverse, he tried it in an attempt to prevent the abstracting to fully happen.