"Hello, Who Is This?"

𝗛𝗘𝗬, 𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗪𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗙 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗬 𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘

𝗛𝗘𝗬, 𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗪𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗙 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗗𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗬 𝗜𝗦 𝗛𝗢𝗠𝗘. 𝗜'𝗠 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗔 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗦 𝗠𝗘...

If you're from Africa, why are you white?
-Oh my god Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white.

Hannah chuckled as the TV played in the background as she enters the living room, placing her plate on the table. She squealed when her phone rang and picked it up. She laid down on her stomach, swinging her feet as she put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl, where are you? I thought you'd be at this party."

Hannah groaned, checking her nails to see if they were dry and leaning her phone in between her shoulder and ear. "My parents grounded me because I dented the car. Totally not going to any events anytime soon."

She stood up as she stood behind the big marble table, leaning against it slightly. The sound of muffled speaking and music before her friend spoke again.

"You know the guy, Chad, that you've been eyeing since last month?"

"Yeah?" Hannah took a sip from her cup.

"He's making out with Amy Landhart."

Hannah let out a loud gasp, moving her ear away from her phone and staring at it in disbelief. "Those two timing whores! How dare they? I'll ruin her life."

Her friend begins to talk again before hearing a sudden static in her ear. She opened her mouth to say hello but got no response afterwards, assuming her friend had accidentally hung up.

Hannah shrugged as she walked over to the pool from outside. She took her clothes off and jumped into the pool, swimming around a little. She closed her eyes a little before hearing rustling from a bush. She looked over, thinking it was probably an animal or something, and move to swim around.

The rustling began again, but it was more harsh, as if something was struggling. She swam to the edge, glancing over at the bush as it moved around. She pushed herself up from the pool and walked slowly over to the bush.

She felt her chest tighten a little as she walked over, and the rustling continued. Her hand reached over to touch it, but in the moment, she heard the fainted ring of the house phone from the pool house.

"Hello?" She asked as she grabbed a towel from the empty pool house. She glanced at the phone as all she heard was silence, thinking maybe someone had buttdialed her. She hanged up, entering the house as she dried off, but the phone rang once again.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

This time, she heard heavy breathing through the phone, which caused Hannah to scoff loudly, "Whoever this is, get a life." She said before hanging up again, slamming the phone on the counter.