I shot him a stern look, my frustration unyielding. "Why didn't you tell me? We were together early this morning!" I whispered firmly, the tension palpable.

His response carried a teasing undertone. "I seem to have forgotten, wife. You know I don't think too much whenever you're naked in front of me. I want to indulge only in the canvas of your body," he whispered, attempting to disarm me with his charm.

Despite his attempt to lighten the mood, my expression remained stern. "This is not the time for your distractions, Your Grace. I expect to be informed about matters concerning the duchy, especially when it involves her," I gestured toward Anna.

The duke sighed, recognizing the gravity of my words. "Forgive me, wife. It won't happen again. Let's focus on the duel and address this matter afterward."

As he turned back to the unfolding duel, my mind wrestled with the conflicting emotions of frustration, concern, and a lingering sense of betrayal. The training ground, once a place of camaraderie, now harbored an undercurrent of tension that demanded resolution.

As the duel resumed, my attention shifted to the battleground. Cyan and Napoleon circled each other, determination etched on their faces. The clang of blades echoed through the training ground, and I couldn't help but feel the intensity of the conflict.

Logan and Erwan, standing nearby, seemed to be absorbed in their own side drama. They exchanged glances, a silent understanding passing between them. Erwan leaned toward Logan, a sly grin on his face.

"Care to place a wager on the outcome?" Erwan proposed, eyes fixed on the ongoing duel.

Logan, always up for a challenge, smirked. "You're on. I'll bet on Cyan. He's got that fierce determination."

Meanwhile, on the battleground, Cyan and Napoleon engaged in a verbal sparring of their own.

"Are you even sure she's real and not fake?" Cyan remarked, his words carrying a subtle undercurrent of intimidation.

Napoleon, undeterred, retorted, "I know what I witnessed. Your intimidation won't sway me."

The onlookers, including the duke, observed the exchange with keen interest. Anna, standing at a distance, wore a worried face, seemingly worried of Napoleon being beaten by a Commander of the Order of Knights.

As the duel intensified, Logan and Erwan continued their banter, occasionally glancing at the combatants.

"Looks like Cyan's got the upper hand," Logan remarked, a playful grin on his face.

Erwan chuckled, "Don't be too sure. Napoleon has surprises up his sleeve."

"You hate him, too, right?" Logan uttered.

"Personal preferences should not hinder a potential ability," Erwan said, smirking while looking at them. "Napoleon is agile and he studies Cyan's movements very well. He's the lord of the state, aside from facing accounts, balancing sheets, he's a good competitor."

The air crackled with anticipation as the duel reached a critical juncture. The outcome hung in the balance, and the training ground transformed into a theater of both physical and verbal clashes. I feel uneasy with all these commotions between them.

"Roshan," I called his attention. "I want an audience with Napoleon," I continued. Nakipagtitigan ako sa kanya at kitang-kita ko ang pag-iba ng kanyang tingin. From amusement and glee, his eyes lost their spark.

"Anong pag-uusapan niyo?" he asked. I thought his wary of Napoleon talking to me has dissolved, but I guess it's still there. "If you are talking to him because of pressing matters, let me join the conversation," he added.